• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Gorlitz Beta 3

The general feeling that I've been getting from players on servers is that the map is a little tilted in the Soviets favor.

It seems to me, from what I've seen at least, the more players in the server, the tougher it is for the Soviets to advance.

I've only seen the Allies win twice in about 20 plays of this map although where they lose ranges from the 88 batteriies to the last cap zone depending on the teams.

As to the number of players that has been my experience.

Upvote 0
This is one of the best maps I had the pleasure of playing so far.

Just two little things about the map that I dont love so much.

1. I think its a little to bright.
Right now it looks a little sterile despite all the debris and rubble.
Maybe just reduce the brightnes of the bulidings a little? I believe it would add to the already fantastic athmosphere.
No fun breaker here tho, usualy I

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I noticed that too makhno. And i was on a full 32 player server playing this and it was a great time. The tanks sat back a bit providing cover whilst groups of 4 or so ruskies would advance under its cover down a side of the street. It truely was an excellent experience.

The lighting is a little flat and some of the textures of ruble etc seem low res/ blown up to large which might be worth changing.

Upvote 0
Things I noticed:
  1. The SU76 is extremely effective, especially with HE rounds. keep it.
  2. The SU76 is too effective. Until you can add some PaKs, give the Gerrys a StuG. On the last objective, its all you can do to get out of spawn without being killed by either an MG or a T34 or a SU
Yeah although I've yet to try beta3 generally a good tanker can spell doom for the other side if they have no tanks or just Panzerfausts. Gorlitz is somewhat like Berezina & Tracktorworks in that a good tanker can turn the tide almost singlehandedly. @ Wicked Penguin, yeah moving a tank up close to uncleared enemy areas is like hanging a target on your tank saying "fire panzerfaust here". It's infantrys job to move in close to cap & clear not the tank IMO. Tanks job (in combined arms maps) is to provide withering fire and beat down the enemy from afar holding them off while your own infantry advances.

Also the comment about the UC, I've noticed that too. The UC mg is completely useless. I spray down an enemy with drum after drum of bullets and nothing....I guess they forgot to unload the blank training rounds before battle. Wierd.

Upvote 0
Yeah although I've yet to try beta3 generally a good tanker can spell doom for the other side if they have no tanks or just Panzerfausts. Gorlitz is somewhat like Berezina & Tracktorworks in that a good tanker can turn the tide almost singlehandedly. @ Wicked Penguin, yeah moving a tank up close to uncleared enemy areas is like hanging a target on your tank saying "fire panzerfaust here". It's infantrys job to move in close to cap & clear not the tank IMO. Tanks job (in combined arms maps) is to provide withering fire and beat down the enemy from afar holding them off while your own infantry advances.

Also the comment about the UC, I've noticed that too. The UC mg is completely useless. I spray down an enemy with drum after drum of bullets and nothing....I guess they forgot to unload the blank training rounds before battle. Wierd.

You're right, a good tanker makes things tough, but that's probably the way it should be. Some people have commented that the tanks are too vulnerable, but I'm really not sure if that's the case. It seems like more often then not, the tanker has about twice as many points as the highest infantry, so even if they get hit frequently, they do a bit of damage to the germans.

The UC is tricky too. I wouldn't call it useless, but it is a pretty tempting target, and when ever they try to lead a charge it seems they catch a faust or a mg42 belt. At the same time, I've seen it used to give some pretty good suppressive fire, so I don't really think it's just a rolling coffin.

Upvote 0
The UC is tricky too. I wouldn't call it useless, but it is a pretty tempting target, and when ever they try to lead a charge it seems they catch a faust or a mg42 belt. At the same time, I've seen it used to give some pretty good suppressive fire, so I don't really think it's just a rolling coffin.
What I mean is the UCs machinegun doesn't work. It seems to be firing blanks.

Upvote 0
Was it your intention that 2 T34's could be used at the same time? If not, maybe only allowing 2nd one to spawn after the current one is destroyed.
When both tankers are competent on allied side, it's pretty much a a steamroll. But in pubs, that doesn't happen all the time.

Great map. It's amazing how RO keeps evolving.

Upvote 0
Yes, please - bringing in the MN30 this is a good idea - the M44 is outclassed by the K98.
Sorry, what do you mean by that?

I have no troubles picking off enemy infantry with the M44 at quite a distance, e.g. from the arcades at the townhall square, all the way down the street, across the river, up the street, at the bombed out building on the right side.

What exactly is better on the MN30 compared to the M44, I really dont see a big differnce there?

Upvote 0
What I mean is the UCs machinegun doesn't work. It seems to be firing blanks.

The UC machinegun seems to fire tracers straight and real bullets quite far to the left, noticed that when I was shooting at germans near Central Square and saw a tk notification.

An illustration about what happened:

wtfpr0.jpg

Upvote 0
The UC machinegun seems to fire tracers straight and real bullets quite far to the left, noticed that when I was shooting at germans near Central Square and saw a tk notification.

wtfpr0.jpg

i would be really surprised if that was the case. This would mean that the bullet projectile and the tracer projectile would have different aim vectors the moment they fire, meaning every x-th shot (the tracer round) the aim vector would have to be altered.

Upvote 0

wtfpr0.jpg
Yup UC MG is whacked out (strangely only on Gorlitz). I've hosed down enemies that should've been dead 30 times and was unable to kill them with the UC MG. I'm guessing that low fps might be causing the infamous "no recoil" bug in the UCs MG thus causing the bullets to go no where near where you are aiming.

Upvote 0