• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Take a break! No?

perato

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 28, 2006
I played last time this game in christmas. Now I'm trying to start again. This isn't the first time I'm having a break from this game(or from other games). So what I'm wondering, is that do you play this all the time, with no breaks, or do you play this as periodically as I do. 2 months of gaming and then to other games, then again 2 months of playing and then again a break. It really seems that somebody in here plays this like 24/7. Are you having a breaks from Red Orchestra?

And if you do have(short or long) breaks, here's some additional questions:

1. How long do you have to play, to achieve the level you were before stopping(in nerd: how l33t you were)?
2. Do you find it hard to remember all the keys/actions/mapdetails/exploits(harhar) when you start again?
3. How long are your pauses(minute/hour/day/week/month)?
4. Why do you have these pauses? Real reasons(cannot play all the time)/you get bored/you want to preserve the game for it to last forever/too many other games?
5. When on a break, do you read these forums and still keep in touch with other RO related things(forums, sites, clans, mapmakers etc.).
6. When on a break, is Ross allowed to sleep with the Xerox-copy-girl?(well if you have seen Friends(s3 ep15-->) you might find this one funny, I didn't)

I'm not using these results to any researchs or something, so you are free to present new questions about these if you have some in your mind.

(I'll propably answer all these questins bymyself later, but now I'm in a hurry. Sorry for crappy english, try to understand what I mean. And sorry for these goddamn brackets.)
(please shoot me if there is already a topic about this)

Ja mopezin/xendancen ruumiiseen tuhlataan v

Last edited:
I play at least a couple of hours each week, but with a new son it's hard to find time these days!

As for 're-learning' RO, that's not an issue; I'm a tanker and our keyboard stuff isn't that difficult to remember.

I do branch out to other games, though; since I'm terrible at infantry play in RO I go to games like CoD/UO/2 or DoD where I'm more comfortable with the system. I do, however, use mods with the CoD system to make it more like RO as far as realism is concerned. This is both for single- and multi-player games. I'm also playing with demos of various other games to get a feel for various systems and genres.

And, yes, I try and keep up with what's happening on the forum here; I've not had much time to devote to this forum or my own unit forum recently but as my son gets into his routine I'm sure I'll be able to step back up and be as active as I was prior to his arrival.

Upvote 0
I've been playing it for 3 years daily(excluding 1 year break last year). But now, I'm starting to get bored and lose my interest slowly for past months. I think I've done all I could do with RO, had every bit of different experiences, and things now seem to become very repetitive for me.

Now I've throttled my RO time. I'm more or less waiting for that "next TWI game". It better turn out to be good :)

Upvote 0