• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars (Massive Pictures)

Wait this is new??? i have this game from a few years ago! I thought graphics wise it was cool and all, but compared to red alert two it did not hold a candle to it.

How old is this thread because this game is not new at all, gah am i ina time warp or somtheing????

You're thinking of Tiberian Sun. That game is incredibly old. This is the continuation of it, going to be released next month.

Also, you're crazy. The Tiberium series has always been better than the Red Alert series.

Upvote 0
So, I've never been into the C&C games. I believe I played Red Alert 2 once, a long long time ago, but never got into it. All the hype for this game makes me pretty curious though. I want to try C&C. Do you guys recommend me to delve straight into Tiberium Wars, or check out a different part first? I don't really care about the whole C&C storyline, so don't take that into account.

Upvote 0
So, I've never been into the C&C games. I believe I played Red Alert 2 once, a long long time ago, but never got into it. All the hype for this game makes me pretty curious though. I want to try C&C. Do you guys recommend me to delve straight into Tiberium Wars, or check out a different part first? I don't really care about the whole C&C storyline, so don't take that into account.

in that case just get tiberium wars - it explains a little bit about the past

Upvote 0
Well, one thing's for sure: Units still deliberately run into Tiberium fields (that stuff hurts vehicles, buildings, everything now because now it transforms ANYTHING to Tiberium matter) and Harvesters still drive right towards enemy bases. Why should we pay for this game if simple **** like that is not fixed? And also, units can be 10 feet from a firefight, but unless they are hit they won't do a single thing. These have been problems since the first C&C game, and the fact this is not fixed is just plain embarassing.

Upvote 0
Well, one thing's for sure: Units still deliberately run into Tiberium fields (that stuff hurts vehicles, buildings, everything now because now it transforms ANYTHING to Tiberium matter) and Harvesters still drive right towards enemy bases. Why should we pay for this game if simple **** like that is not fixed? And also, units can be 10 feet from a firefight, but unless they are hit they won't do a single thing. These have been problems since the first C&C game, and the fact this is not fixed is just plain embarassing.
Please, show me another base building RTS where this doesn't happen. In this, the enemy trys to flank you, and it isn't omnecent. On hard it will normally try and scoot back behind your base, even if your front isn't well defended. This is what a real player would do, if they couldn't see the front. Also unlike the old CnC games they don't just send a tiny but constant trickle of units at you. They come in groups, and well mixed ones too. They also seem to adapt. Say their first assault gets whiped out by your ground defences, but they notice you have little air defence, chances are their next attack will be via air.

All in all I am really impressed with the AI so far.

Upvote 0