• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO for small groups....

dohfugwimee

Sep 13, 2006
Ive been playing online camping/sniping type games for about 5 years now...
UT series...CoD ..UO etc...
And I've always preferred "smaller" servers ... 12 or less ...even ran a private 4 man for a while..
RO appears to be geared for much larger groups.... wondered if there is anyway to dummy it down for someone like myself?

Can the classes be done away with anyhow? So anyone could drive a tank...or pick a sniper weapon? Similar to UO?
Can a setting be tweaked to achieve this?
Maybe a mod already out in the community?
How about gametypes?
I know RO itself is a gametype mod... kind of a "domination" game... or Base Assault
What about just TDM? Is this possible? ...
I know after a game has been out for awhile, it can spawn all these options... are they available now?
I personally find the game fascinating... but the physics "clunky" ... but really want to set up a server if there are more options available

Thanks to all who respond

Since none of the above people bothered answering your questions, I'll take a shot at it.

I've never hosted a server, but I'm fairly sure you can disable classes.
Not everyone can drive a tank. Only tank operator and tank commander classes can.
There is only one game mode in Red Orchestra. Each team starts out with 100% reinforcements, and they are taken away by holding flags and eliminating players. When reinforcements are depleted, you cannot respawn, and the round ends when all of the players on the depleted team have died.
I don't know about any other game mode types, since I've never heard or played mods for Red Orchestra.
Clunky physics? they seem fine to me. Nice and realistic.

Upvote 0
Since none of the above people bothered answering your questions, I'll take a shot at it.

I've never hosted a server, but I'm fairly sure you can disable classes.
Not everyone can drive a tank. Only tank operator and tank commander classes can.
There is only one game mode in Red Orchestra. Each team starts out with 100% reinforcements, and they are taken away by holding flags and eliminating players. When reinforcements are depleted, you cannot respawn, and the round ends when all of the players on the depleted team have died.
I don't know about any other game mode types, since I've never heard or played mods for Red Orchestra.
Clunky physics? they seem fine to me. Nice and realistic.

classes are built directly into the map so the only way to get rid of them is to edit the map file or create a mutator to do it for you. ROOST was designed as a team game so much of the things you asked about were not included in the basic game. However there may now be mods that can do what you ask

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the responses...!
Finally figured out most of what I needed... just about all of it being map-based.
So I have to alter all the variables in each and every map I wish to use... oh well
We have a server for any interested parties...

=Evil Minds= Sniper Team
8.6.76.86:7757
www.evil-minds.com
Public Teamspeak
ts11.gameservers.com:8815
Recruiting Serious Campers Now

Only a handful of maps at the moment... with each one being tested and repaired... and re-tested as needed..

Stealth Sniping ...Camping .... Team Play Promoted ... No Heroics ...
Some maps being Sniper only... Some Bolt only ... Some both...
No Objectives...
Spawns in "most" cases have been moved around map or made "random"
No Run n Gun Tolerated... Feel the need to do so... Do so, elsewhere

Last edited:
Upvote 0