• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stat Tracking

I'm sure this could be something easily implemented. Many of the more modern games have such items. Considering in the game it states how an individual dies, example: Sniped, Bayonet, with a small icon for what killed you or type of gun. Not only this a Kill/Death ratio could also be determined, especially if all activity within a server is logged.

Many people today find it more satisfying by having stats tracked. I'd love to know where I stand with Kill/Death ratio or see who the best Rfileman is or Sniper or Grenader, Pistol user etc. Zone Caps is another huge STAT to add, personally I believe this is stat most worth noting... LOL.

I'm sure with such availability to web sites to pull this type of information many stat sites would start popping up for RO-OSTFRONT 41-45 all over the web, also giving it more plublicity and probably creating more revenue.

This would also be great for Web Sites that have their own Server or Clans that have their own server so that they could show who may be best overall on their server or site only by having a way to pull this type of information and a World Ranking on say a STAT ONLY site as well for overall stats. I just think it would open up more interest in the game and more of a challenge than it simply being JUST A GAME, gives people something to strive for...

Within the game it shows a RANK field beside everyones name and it would be great if it showed where you truly fell in the world of RO instead of everyone just showing 0...

So in short I'd love to see a FULL RANKING SYSTEM, with complete STATS so everything an individual does within game could be looked up within the game itself and showing like the top 200 folks in the world, this would give those not on the list a reason to get on it. I also think this would create more serious game play...

Last edited:
Clown is leet, he never misses.

But yeah, I'd like to see an official and professional RO stat system added. The stats should be done the exact same way they're done on the in-game scoreboard too. Individual weapon stats is a great idea though, it'd be nice to see accuracy ratings for those PPSh whores :D. Although, I strongly believe K/D ratios do not belong in RO related stat boards, because that really isn't what the game is about.

Upvote 0
for RO:Ost there is nothing even worth looking at...

for the mod we had an ugly stat tracking thing that basically worked really great..

There are quite some stat tracking sites etc. If someone knows how to get good logs to use for stat tracking out of ro, then examples could be given to some of the stat tracking sites like:

www.psychostats.com

Upvote 0
I'm sure this could be something easily implemented. Many of the more modern games have such items. Considering in the game it states how an individual dies, example: Sniped, Bayonet, with a small icon for what killed you or type of gun. Not only this a Kill/Death ratio could also be determined, especially if all activity within a server is logged.

Many people today find it more satisfying by having stats tracked. I'd love to know where I stand with Kill/Death ratio or see who the best Rfileman is or Sniper or Grenader, Pistol user etc. Zone Caps is another huge STAT to add, personally I believe this is stat most worth noting... LOL.

I'm sure with such availability to web sites to pull this type of information many stat sites would start popping up for RO-OSTFRONT 41-45 all over the web, also giving it more plublicity and probably creating more revenue.

This would also be great for Web Sites that have their own Server or Clans that have their own server so that they could show who may be best overall on their server or site only by having a way to pull this type of information and a World Ranking on say a STAT ONLY site as well for overall stats. I just think it would open up more interest in the game and more of a challenge than it simply being JUST A GAME, gives people something to strive for...

Within the game it shows a RANK field beside everyones name and it would be great if it showed where you truly fell in the world of RO instead of everyone just showing 0...

So in short I'd love to see a FULL RANKING SYSTEM, with complete STATS so everything an individual does within game could be looked up within the game itself and showing like the top 200 folks in the world, this would give those not on the list a reason to get on it. I also think this would create more serious game play...

Individual weapon stats, accuracy, Cap zone support or killing enemy who are in a cap zone would all be great stats to have contributing to a ranking system.

The one thing that should be avoided at all costs though is a kill/death stat. If people were aware of the number of deaths they have it would destroy teamwork, and end up making stat whores of people who would want to stay back, try to kill, lonewolf for that high ratio and otherwise ignore all types of teamwork/objective based play and risk to stay alive. In a game like Red Orchestra, where teamwork sometimes means you die a LOT to try to get the objective with your team, or you die a lot more than you kill while denying access to an area to an enemy (i.e. MG'ers), the invisibility of the death count is one of the things that keeps players willing to play as a team. The number of deaths is better as it is, affecting your TEAMS reinforcements, it promotes teamwork. Individual number of deaths or your kill/death ratio is completely meaningless in RO and has no reflection upon one's skill at all.

Upvote 0
Agreed...

Agreed...

Sorry about the not using search, damn newb... I agree, I hate stats totally based on kill/death ratio and have always hated that. I'm all about zone captures and that should be where most stats come from. Sure kills help and not knowing how many times you die is great too because I know I do a lot of that.

I know of two stat sites currently and they do it way different, problem is some go by time played but others have a pretty good equation. I just think Tripwire or the devs should implement something so other sites can grab from it and get those individual type weapons stats out there. As I said I'd love to see where I stand in the world of bolt action players...

Here are those sites for stats:

http://www.serverspy.net/site/playertracking/?pid=167394&sid=522889

http://www.roscores.com/portal/desktops/finnishfrontlines/default.aspx

One is based more on time played and the other is a form of World Ranking... They actually both do it different but do a great job... Even if it wasn't fully implemented in game as someone mentioned it should be able to be pulled from say a server log file or something to say 7-CLOWN-7 had 35 bolt kills, 5 grenade kills and 60 capzone points for a total in game points 100 as an example. Just my opinion... See you on the battlefield...

Upvote 0
RO's scoring system makes is useless for evaluate individual skill based on kills or points. Not to even mention that it will give the wrong incentive to players. Doesn't killing two men with a bolt action rifle require more skill than killing two with a sniper rifle? Isn't suppressing the enemy with your MG, possibly without killing anyone but allowing your team to advance kind of essential for the game? Even if you try to cover all these loopholes, players will search and find exploits and then the stat whoring begins.

We already had some stat whoring threads even in the mod days. Everyone that has ever played Joint Operations pretty much knows that the game was ruined by stat whoring.

I don't want that to happen to RO. People will start exploiting things like artillery or "cap whoring" for their individual stat padding purposes. Not in RO please.

Upvote 0
STAT Whoring...

STAT Whoring...

First when exploits are known the devs need to get them fixed. Second back in BFV days or BF42 for that matter certain sites only kept stats for those that played a certain number of time and a certain number of maps there are equations that would need to be set, then it tracked them, it also would not track a server with less than say 24 of say a 32 player server which then the only way to get points was in a server that was nearly full. Sure you could drop that number a bit to say 20 people. This kept 2 players getting in a server and just racking up points. You could also roll out bots as kills in game, and I think that should be done anyway even in the real game.

I wish the devs would definately look into that, (0) points for a bot kill.

I know quite a few people that join a server that has tons of bots and just rack up or pad their stats. Well it would be great to join a server like that but when you killed a bot it gave you absolutely no points, sure it would still say you killed the bot and show the death icon with name of bot and take away from the other teams reinforcements but would not accumulate any points toward your total score. I know this alone would clear up what stat sites are currently out there of quite a few people who claim to be real good. This would also eliminate those simply picking off the bots in game when there are other real players to be had.

Upvote 0
How do you make a fake account? If stats are tracked by ip addresses (like the old rostats.net), just changing names wouldn't do anything.

If you enable stat tracking on the server. You need to fill in a username and a password in the menu. The devs removed the ability to fill that in so you probably must do it in the console. This creates that hardly anybody will ever play on stat servers.

If those thats are enabled there are mutators that just send the stat log to a database on the web. And the stat program for ut2k4 is free although setup for ut2k4. Dunno if it can be emodified.

But aslong as ppl cant fill in their username and password for stat tracking, nobody can start a real stat site. like the old www.rostats.net unless some complete new mutator is coded that looks at players hash ids. and still reports stats.

And since there is a perfect stat logging thing implemented in ro i guess the easiest would be if the devs could add the stat tracking login stuff back into ostfront. =\

Upvote 0
How do you make a fake account? If stats are tracked by ip addresses (like the old rostats.net), just changing names wouldn't do anything.

What about those that get a random IP everytime they connect to the net? (like I did until a year ago, which got me banned from a forum btw) Also many have more than one computer at home (parents, brothers, etc...)

I just don't think it's worth the effort, especially given all the trouble and possible exploiting. If anyone can make an rostats like in the mod, fine do it. But imo the devs should focus on more essential aspects of the game.

Upvote 0

make something like this... Works perfectly with PRM to BF2... ofcause it would need alot of work...
http://www.battlefieldranking.net

Upvote 0