• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call of Cthulhu

Jokerman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2006
Ive read in one of the threads here enthusiastic comments about this game so I wanted to check it out, I googled and wasnt really surprised to find there is no demo available to download.
But it was a surprise to find there is no option to buy and download it from the web as so many games nowadays do have.

Could someone who knows put a link here for a download buy (or even better a demo)- game retaillers in my country are ripping us off.

Which one mate, theres quite a few?

Personally I reccommend 'Dark Corners of the Earth'. Very creepy game and the fact you dont get a weapon for the first hour or two of play really makes you scared of going into certain areas :p

Love the psychological system too e.g. if you look at a corpse too long you feel sick, you get vertigo, you're breathing can become heavier etc

Upvote 0
It's not a series yet. Supposedly they were going to make a sequal (that has nothing to do with DCotE in terms of characters or settings ;)) called Beyond the Mountains of Madness, based on the story of the same name and featuring none other than the Elder Things and of course more Shoggoths.

But now on Headfirst's website, it says the second game will be called Destiny's End and will take place 80 years after DCotE (aka. modern times, aka. lamesauce) and will explore what happened to Innsmouth after the Marine Corps' raid, the death of the Marshes and their gold business etc. etc.

Word has it, Headfirst is bankrupt anyways, so poo.

Actually I just found out that there were two other games in the franchise a long time ago called Shadow of the Comet and Prisoner of Ice which were basically DOS point and click adventure games haha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only thing that really makes it feel like a console game to me is the save points, but I think it would make it far too easy if you could save it at will. Graphicaly it's not the greatest but even on a modest computer you should be able to crank the AA up and apply some nice AF with your graphics card control panel and it looks very nice. But even aside from that it is like RO in a sense, the artwork is good despite not being the newest flashy wizz bang graphics.

So far I am impressed;
- Good narrative and story.
- Excellent atmosphere.
- The instanity and vertigo effects are very well done.
- Nice sounds.

Upvote 0
Great game. I highly recommend getting it. You can find it for like $15 online.

WHere?! where?? post a link, brother, and share your wisdom and your truth.

I found a dvd copy for 27$ (which is not bad in my neighborhood), the vendor said the interface was in russian (which is kind of ok) but he didnt know if the voice acting was translated as well (and that is not acceptable).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I leant the game to a mate and he nearly had a nervous break down at some points. Watching him unloading a pistol into a creature before resorting to screaming "Oh God, they won't die!", is up there with watching young teens playing Doom 3 for the first time :p

lol you mean like http://youtube.com/watch?v=DrqHyDfotZg young fella ?

And I understand your friend,- you think that after youll get a piece youll feel much safer/ stronger and the hotel room nightmare will not be repeated...but the game prove you wrong. Brilliant.

Upvote 0