• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Chaos Theory co-op: let's play!

Nimsky

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Elitist Prick Nude Beach
Does anyone here have Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory? In case you didn't know, it has a fun co-op mode. It would be fun if some of us could get together and play a couple of rounds. It puts you in the boots of a spy and together with a fellow spy you're supposed to finish a level. Working together is crucial; it's impossible to win a level without teamwork. It allows you to do all kinds of cool stuff like using each other as a human ladder, abseiling, etc. You can actually save progress, which is really nice (so you don't have to start all over again if both of you die).

Here is a video that demonstrates how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONp69U3rVo&mode=related&search=

All you need is a legal copy of Chaos Theory. If you don't have it but if you're interested, go on and pick it up because it's really cheap these days (don't use a no-CD crack either - you won't be able to play!). Make sure you patch it up to 1.05!

There are two ways we can play:
1. Find a lobby on one of the servers
2. Or connect through a virtual LAN using Hamachi.

I suggest we use Xfire to meet up, mine is: ccnimrod. I can only play in the weekends though, but this thread is for everybody who wants to find someone to play. Let's have some good ol' co-op fun.

6-357_3.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of my fave games of all time. The Coop mode is simply genius.

I've not experienced any bugs in single player to be honest. Coop had big issues at the start, but they've all been patched-out.

Warning: don't get the Splinter Cell Double Agent based on this game, cos it's pants.

Yeah I read they cut out a lot from the PC version etc.
I think that Chaos Theory is true to the older splinter cells. And co-op is excellent. It's like singleplayer but with someone you know. I've only had problems with Shader 3.0 but other than that, no bugs.

Upvote 0