• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dystopia Version 1 Released!

sharpshooterklj

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 22, 2006
Verson 1 has finally been released. This mod is fantastic, everything new they've added is very cool. The new maps look/play great, the new player models are simply amazing, and the new weapons are fun. I'm really amazed at the lighting effects these guys acheived on the maps and player models; I'd say this mod is a close contender with PVKII in the graphics department. Definately worth a download.

So this is worth getting your teeth into...

The first time you launch the game it will prompt Steam to fetch the files that the game needs to run, an SDK base pack.

Do the tutorial to get an idea of whats going on.
The cyberspace part is important.

You do not need to enter cyberspace in-game, leave that for the more experienced players to start with.

Just to give an idea, this is how I'm playing :

I choose a light class and equip myself with tak scan & stealth implants.
I've given my self the mission of protecting teammates that have entered cyberspace, while they are hacking doors/turrets and other elements.

Just thought that some of you might like to give it a go.

Its fast & furious, tactical and the learning curve is pretty tough.

Oh ! you get to use a ninja sword !:eek:

Thanks...

Upvote 0
Has it gotten any better (much better that is) than the first beta? I hated that one.
This release is much better than the beta demo. Only thing that I found disappointing was there is a maximum of 20 players per server, at least no server I have seen has gone over that. Probably for balance or technical reasons. I also love the new stuff, cold suit was a great answer to my much loved SWT and Thermal vision combo. Haven't had enough time to play with everything yet though. The new tesla gun is strange... I will leave it at that. Unfortunately some of the new maps, and a few of the old ones, had terribly boring deadlocks. This is exactly what the Cyber Space aspect was supposed to circumvent, though it could have just been a short end of the stick kind of day. Also, for everyone reading, especially new players, don't join a server with FF on, it seriously dampens the fun and I haven't seen any proper methods (other than admins of course) to deal with TKers/TWers. Other than those few niggles I'm glad the direction this mod is taking (except for lowering of the damage the assault rifle does... now my favorite weapon feels like the pistol with simply more rounds per magazine :()

Last edited:
Upvote 0