• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Respawning is not realism

I agree that getting to the TOP of the scoreboard is largely impossible without actually helping your team, but there's a large "grey area" below the top that most players I'm talking about fall into.

In a relatively low scoring game (IE: not a lot of back and forth with objectives), you'll see top scores around, say, 40-60. But that doesn't mean you won't also see scores of around 20-30 by people who really did squatola for the team. Maybe they got into a cap zone once, and then killed 10-20 enemies, dying themselves some 10-20 times. That's still no sign of skill to me.

I'd rather just judge a player by his behavior that I observe, instead of looking at a numerical representation of it. I know I don't judge myself based on score because there's plenty of teamwork that is necessary to win which isn't rewarded. Sometimes I'm top scorer, sometimes I'm not. But I like to think I'm ALWAYS a team player.

Upvote 0
I know, but my point here is that in terms of the overall experience. All I'm really saying is that I wouldn't OBJECT if the scoreboard was removed and I think that, overall, it might help teamwork.

That's not something that Tripwire should do, of course. It should be done in a mutator so that servers can choose to run it or not.

If a clan wants to recruit, sure, it provides an easy method of finding good players to look at TOP scores. But if I were recruiting, I wouldn't go JUST by score. I'd want to see how much of a team player the guy is.

Upvote 0
A good working voice chat? A map on which the commander can at least set a meeting point and which shows the locations of MGs with a lack of ammunition if they use the given spreech commands.

If that's nothing to coordinate a team :rolleyes: ...

LOL... You haven't played RO for very long, have you?

The voice chat is awful. No one can rightfully claim to be in charge, so no one has a right to be barking orders over the voice chat. Most players can't seem to articulate any useful information, let alone give you a decent reason to help them out. Besides all that, it sounds like crap!

Rally points could be slightly more useful, but they depend on two critical things:
1. Your commander knows what he's doing.
2. The players listen to the commander.
Sometimes, the alignment of the planets is just right and those two things happen, but not very often.

Upvote 0
Random spawn and random multiple objectives/missions is the key.
The teams receives a random objective and have to either attack or defend.
there is a 5minute spawn time.
Once an objective has been completed/falied, the teams get a new one.

This will be realistic as well as fun.
No map will be the same.. cause attacks may come from all angles.
You dont know where the enemy spawns, so you cant set up fixed tactics.

Upvote 0
LOL... You haven't played RO for very long, have you?

The voice chat is awful. No one can rightfully claim to be in charge, so no one has a right to be barking orders over the voice chat. Most players can't seem to articulate any useful information, let alone give you a decent reason to help them out. Besides all that, it sounds like crap!

Rally points could be slightly more useful, but they depend on two critical things:
1. Your commander knows what he's doing.
2. The players listen to the commander.
Sometimes, the alignment of the planets is just right and those two things happen, but not very often.

I've played RO for quiet a while now and so did I play various MMORPGs while using TS2 and tbh. the voice chat of RO aint much worser then TS2. And if someone is taking the lead -some people are born leaders others aren't- and can convince most of the team to follow his orders it's alwyas nice and quiet effective. Nonethelesse there are some enerving people too but I can't think about any system which would exclude those, so yes I still think that RO is doing the best to offer possibilitys to coordinate a team.
Nonetheless that doesn't exclude the chance to have a bad team once in a while but no system ever would be able to aoid that so what more can you ask for?

Upvote 0
As I've said before, you have to have some imagination. The voice chat, rally points and such are a start, but they really aren't quite enough to be able to really coordinate your team quickly and effectively. There is a lot more that could be done to facilitate strategy in the game, but it simply hasn't been added.

What seems to win matches most often is when you get a group of really good individual players. Most of the time the experienced players do the same things in the same order. They know where they're needed when. Less experienced players haven't figured those things out yet. Trouble is, I don't think RO gives you the tools to make a mediocre player a real asset to your team. They kill the enemy, but that's about it.

Upvote 0