• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Iron Sight suggestions [Merged].

I wouldn't have all that much of a problem if it was added, PROVIDED that the rifle bounced around appropriately. Kind of like hip-shooting, but maybe giving you a smidgen more control. right now, the iron sights are all over the place when you're walking. If they bounced around even more when running or jogging, no problem.

But infiltration didn't (at least when I tried it) have them move around all that much. So I wouldn't implement it exactly like infiltration.

It's also generally been stated that soldiers in WWII didn't usually move around the way, say, a modern SWAT team does.

Upvote 0
You just can't run at any speed while aiming a rifle. Try it. Just make sure the rifle isn't loaded, because there's a good chance you'll trip and fall!
If they're going to allow this in game, why not just put in crosshairs so we can all run around taking hip shots?
There should also be a chance in-game of falling and shooting yourself, or more likely, your teammates.

Upvote 0
I think that's the point -- being able to keep dashing with iron sights up.

I'm not saying it'd be accurate, just that I see no reason to make people slow to a crawl when in iron sights. If they want to move slowly, let them use a walk button or something. when they move quickly, make the ironsights bounce around like crazy.

With rifles this is less of an issue, but I see it as actually being most useful with pistols.

On the other hand, I guess folks can just get good with hip shots.

Upvote 0
I'm not saying it'd be accurate, just that I see no reason to make people slow to a crawl when in iron sights. If they want to move slowly, let them use a walk button or something. when they move quickly, make the ironsights bounce around like crazy.
I'd like something along those lines. There are many times when I expect to encounter enemy at any moment but I don't want to stay in IS because I move too slowly. I'd like an intermediate position like "shouldered but not in IS". Movement could be held to a walk, no jogging or sprinting, and the sights could either stay in IS but bounce like crazy or the sights could be lowered but not completely back to port arms. That way I could move faster than a dead bug's crawl and get to IS a little faster than the current full animation.

The tradeoff is speed versus time-to-IS. I'm willing to trade some time-to-IS for a little more ground speed.

Upvote 0
Just learn to hipshoot. Not worth the work involved.
I was thinking as a rifleman and not an SMGer. I don't mind hipshooting with a rifle out to twenty or thirty feet if I have to but it feels too gamey beyond that. I'm sure I'd feel differently with an SMG. As a rifleman, IS movement is often too slow to be useful, while being completely out of IS is also too slow to be useful because of the IS animation time. I'd like to see something in between where I move a little faster than the current IS crawling speed and can bring the sights up a little faster than the current IS animation.

Upvote 0
You just can't run at any speed while aiming a rifle

Not really, but it is possible to keep your weapon half-shouldered while jogging even with somewhat 'fast' speed. And it is possible to aim, but your accuracy is going to ****.

Maybe full IS up sounds ridiculous, but half-shouldering does not. And also we would need entirely new system for damages and such also in case if we would need to start implementing small issues, due the fact while playing RO you get the idea that bolt-action rifle is _THE_ best weapon for close combat. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Iron Site suggestion.

Iron Site suggestion.

I just noticed today that when you look down your sites, your iron sites are totally alligned even if you sway it back and forth....

I think it should be like Call of duty 2's sites, which I really like...but minus the zoom. The sites aren't static, and if you turn left or right fast or look or or down fast, the back site and front site aren't alligned and yeah....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTSlVZlN4fU&mode=related&search=

At around 50 you'll see what I'm talking about...maybe

Upvote 0
Nonsense. CoD1 was one of the first (if not THE first) big commercial games that had 3d iron sights. Of course CoD2 had them too.

It looks a lot more natural, but it isn't really realistic. In real life you don't draw around the front sight and the rest lags around, but you move the whole gun. Of course it should disalign itself a bit but it shouldn't just lag behind as in CoD.

Upvote 0
Nonsense. CoD1 was one of the first (if not THE first) big commercial games that had 3d iron sights. Of course CoD2 had them too.

It looks a lot more natural, but it isn't really realistic. In real life you don't draw around the front sight and the rest lags around, but you move the whole gun. Of course it should disalign itself a bit but it shouldn't just lag behind as in CoD.

As far as I know it that when you want to remove the weapon from your screen at call of duty 2 you have to disable certain 2D options

Upvote 0