• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-TractorWorks Beta 4

One quick concern...the AT gun at the SW apartments (the first objective is what I'm talking about) on the 2nd floor is rarely visible from the outside...Anyone else seeing (or not seeing I should say) this problem?
I'm seeing the same thing. You can't see the gun, but you can shoot where it is suppose to be and destroy it.

Upvote 0
You cannot detach from the 'apartment' AT gun. Something weird with how it calculates where to put you. In 'Berezina' I had guns in multiple locations, all virtually identical in size (space around the gun) and some with and without overhead cover...some guns you could dismount fine and others you could not. I could not for anything, determine what was the problem. If you notice the gun on the north road covering the bridge, it has a static mesh over it and you dismount fine. The deeper bunker on the second line, right front, same size, same static over your head...can't dismount under any configuration. We have tried a number of settings to move the dismount bones and nothing seems to work 100% of the time. For now, that gun is a real commitment for anyone choosing to use it. ;) Unfortunately.

As for 'blinking' or not being visable, I have not seen the gun disappear, ever. I have seen the user disappear from time to time and we suspect that is due to internal hard coding of the game since we borrow the same base code used on the tanks. I still loose my turret from time to time in a variety of maps as well with the stock vehicles.

Upvote 0
LAST CALL for bugs etc.

Keeping in mind that the cap sequence for the admin will be changed as noted above. Anyone with bugs or anomolies related to the map itself, your comments would be appreciated. I want to start wrapping this up this week. I have a list of minor tweaks and additions to work through and we hope to get this out as a final in the next week or so, along with the 'final' version of the M1937 anti-tank gun.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
At the begining of the match as a German, go forward and then left (well, you know, where people try to save their butts from heavy HE rain :)). If you follow this road and then turn right, you will be near burning tank. I think that this area has a lot of purple colour for some reason - I mean, aren't the flames near the ground have weird colour to them?
If not, then sorry.

Upvote 0
One quick concern...the AT gun at the SW apartments (the first objective is what I'm talking about) on the 2nd floor is rarely visible from the outside...Anyone else seeing (or not seeing I should say) this problem?

This has been driving me crazy whenever I play a German tanker. I just can/t see that gun from the tank gunner's position. I can see the sandbags, I can see the rounds coming at me from the gun, but I can't see the gun itself. I've tried driving closer (about as close as it's possible to get before the AT gun or a satchel takes you out) and it doesn't seem to help. It seems only to be that particular gun that's a problem. I can see the other ones fine from a long distance across the map.

I've also noticed (forgive me if this has been brought up before) that AP rounds from the PZIV have a disturbing tendency to bounce off the AT gun's armor plate, and not just at extreme distances or angles. It sometimes happens from pretty close up and a pretty much straight-on shot.

I think the map is great, though, as are the AT guns overall. Keep up the good work Slyk.

Upvote 0
The 45 has a bug on it's left side panel, this has been corrected. Best to whack it straight on. Regardless of seeing it or not up in the window, aim just above the sandbags and you'll hit it. The latest version is being finalized now. We have been doing some extra testing to work out how to present it to mappers. As in what to do with it, how to position it, etc. We are adding a few extra dismount points to aid mappers in placing it etc. There are some peculiar issues with it as a 'static vehicle'. We want to get it as stable as possible for public release as a 'final'. Mappers are welcome to use it now, but we will continue to work at perfecting it to the best of our abilities.

Upvote 0
Just got to play to great rounds after not getting to play this map for nearly a week. Great fun, most players were doing their best to coordinate the defense. It still seems a bit harder for the Germans to win the map (I was playing as a Russian).

Only suggestion I can think of would be to possibly add to the randomly respawning AT Guns, to the far south (somewhere near gate opening in wall?) Often German vehicles can drive past the arc of the one gun that may spawn on the south side of the entrance to the Admin building. Of course, this might just make it a bit harder for the Germans.

Looking forward to the next release! :D

Upvote 0
The closest I have seen reinforcements come to running out in a long time was last night. The Russians got down to 4%. We still held the entire Admin building though...

Personally, I like it when reinforcements get close to running out, makes most players play smarter and the battle seem more intense. Hopefully, the running out part doesn't happen till the last minutes of the game. Must be hard to come up with a balance to where that happens when players are being smart, and also to compensate for a few bad players than can really tank your own reinforcement levels.

(Such as on Berezina...) it is one thing to loose near the end of a round after a good fight by running out of reinforcements, and another to do so because there are some clueless players who get themselves killed needlessly by not playing smart and draining the reinforcements.

One thing the Germans have to do sometimes is to destroy the empty halftracks that sit around the battlefield. This way, the halftracks will respawn faster so the Germans don't have to walk the entire way....

Upvote 0
There is a beta5 on the AHz servers. It has a modified cap sequence where the second floor objectives lock out once capped leaving the first floor open to fighting. I did not publically release it because I thought I would have a final by now...which the map is 'done' as far as I am concerned, but I am waiting for the end of the mapping competition to see if the development team has any input.

It would be amazing to try on the 44 slot server. I could see reinforcements running out for either team if you have a few idiots. It won't take much. Bottom line, either way this map requires more teamwork than most others for both teams. The single most important player(s) might be the guys in the Stug though. Not to brag, but going solo I frustrated a two/three man T34 so badly the other night, that they parked the tank and went to infantry roles. The Germans won with over 9 minutes to go, full server too (beta4).

You have to be willing to work together. Call out the T34 location and keep the HTs away from it. Stug should own the T34 at least 2-1 in kills. The PzIV should concentrate on interdicting Russian reinforcements and blasting the windows of the gate/admin. Four+ Germans assaulting together will win the map if you keep the bodies piling in. Just be smart. It is a tough map. No doubt, but entirely winnable for either side. Just talk and help.

Upvote 0
I have tried many times on a 44 slot server(corbina),russians end up with %0 about 10 minutes left no matter what they do,unless both german tankers are supernoobs.(like taking the panzer4 or stug from regular tank spawn and drive it to the first german spawn repeatedly).
P.S: such a great server with that performance but offset with absency of an admin which allows lots of players to be evil noobs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0