• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GPF when trying to change resolution

Ruinous

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 18, 2007
I just bought Red Orchestra a few hours ago, and I love it. The only problem is, is that I get a General Protection Fault when I try to change the resolution.

I'm sorry, I just saw the thread where it was explained the Xfire is the issue, but I still have a question. Does Xfire need to be off just to be able to change the resolution, or do I need to have Xfire off to be able to PLAY at that resolution?

Video: RADEON X700 Series (6587)
General protection fault!
History: UD3D9RenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- (UT2K4VideoChangeOK Package.UT2K4VideoChangeOK @ Function GUI2K4.UT2K4VideoChangeOK.ChangeResolution : 02AF) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (moComboBox Package.moComboBox @ Function XInterface.GUIMenuOption.InternalOnChange : 0035) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUIComboBox Package.GUIComboBox @ Function XInterface.GUIComboBox.TextChanged : 0055) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUIEditBox Package.GUIEditBox @ Function XInterface.GUIEditBox.TextChanged : 000B) <- UObject::execDelegateFunction <- (GUIList Package.GUIList @ Function XInterface.GUIListBase.IndexChanged : 0018) <- UObject::processEvent <- (GUIComboBox Package.GUIComboBox, Function XInterface.GUIComboBox.InternalListClick) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIList Package.GUIList) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Untitled <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 65686372 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

You need to turn off XFire in game chat, and then you should be able to fiddle about with res to your hearts contend.
But if you want to keep in game chat, then all you need to do is close XFire, change res, exit RO, start Xfire, then start RO again and it will be running at the new res, but if you try and change it again, or minimise etc, you will get the GPF.

The best fix is probably to turn off xfire in game chat.

Upvote 0