• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Carpathian Crosses: MG time!

DeV

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Netherlands
header.jpg

It has been quiet on the Carpathian Crosses front, but we are looking to keep you updated again. Ofcourse, we haven't been standing still all this time. In terms of media we've had soldiers, we've had tanks, we've had mortars, but something is still missing. How about, something that shoots 550 bullets a minute? Too bad it only has 20 of those in a magazine. But its accuracy pretty much makes up for that. The ZB-30 LMG is considered to be one of the best light machine guns. It was built by the Czechs and chambered with the 7.92mm rimless Mauser cartridge (also known as 8mm Mauser). The weapon has a wooden stock, pistol grip and integral bipod mount.

Enough talk, here we go with the screenies:

Special thanks for this wonderful model goes out to SethSoldier and his BattleGroup Frontlines mod. Please also note, that the Face Competition that has been mentioned before is still up and running and accepting entries!

Last edited:
Looks great guys. Keep it up, I'll play it for sure.

By the way, question: is this a standalone mod (ie you have to open a seperate .exe) or is it fully merged into current RO, a mixed mapcycle (ie one round you're playing normal RO in Stalingrad Kessel, and next round you're playing a Carpathian Crosses map with all the custom soldiers and sounds and all that)?

Would be great if it would be the latter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks great guys. Keep it up, I'll play it for sure.

By the way, question: is this a standalone mod (ie you have to open a seperate .exe) or is it fully merged into current RO, a mixed mapcycle (ie one round you're playing normal RO in Stalingrad Kessel, and next round you're playing a Carpathian Crosses map with all the custom soldiers and sounds and all that)?

Would be great if it would be the latter.

Would this also mean that, once CC is released that we would have access to the MG for custom levels? So it (and other CC stuff) could be used with all the regular RO stuff as well

Upvote 0
all new stuff that is created can be used in custom maps.
We are basically only extending the content.

A requirement for maps created with/for CC would be that the mod is installed in the server that wants to run the map.

With the release we will hand out a howto with some tips&tricks how to handle the stuff we added.

I think we have some nifty things for custom mappers in the making :)

Upvote 0
all new stuff that is created can be used in custom maps.
We are basically only extending the content.

A requirement for maps created with/for CC would be that the mod is installed in the server that wants to run the map.

With the release we will hand out a howto with some tips&tricks how to handle the stuff we added.

I think we have some nifty things for custom mappers in the making :)

Cool

Thnx for you efforts. cant wait to play it.

Upvote 0