• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Personalize weapons

Placing names on weapons eh? Well you have to give him some creative credit, even if the feature is completly worthless.

But it did make me think about how in UT2004 your vehicles licence place will change to an abbreviated version of your character name when you get in to drive. But that feature would be completly out of place in RO and it really has no reason to be included.

But the idea of customizing your weapon did make me think of somthing else. In many of the games in the Unreal series there is a weapons list in the options so you can set pickup priority and other weapon options, even setting individual crosshairs for each weapon.

What if this list was re-included into RO, but instead of setting a pickup priority or crosshair choice you can set up personal preferences for certain weapons. Examples could be the option to have the sight hood for the K98 on or off, or having cloth wrapped around your sniper rifle, and other options that may have been avaiable for a soldier to customize his weapon. Maybe even having a weapon priority list could help when selecting weapons in the class menu. So when you choose a class this list will auto default you to the weapon that highest on the list thats avaiable to the class, so if you like the P08 better than the Luger then you'll never have to worry about choosing the P08 every time you choose a class that has a pistol avaiable.

(This was NOT a suggestion for an auto class selector, just a custom default weapon selection.)

Does that sound good, I know that some people perfer the K98 sight hood and others hate the hood, having an option between the two would allow everyone to have their choice.

The chances of this being included are slim though, because it isn't a game making/breaking feature, I just wanted to toss the idea out there before I forgot it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LoL, not worth the effort to implement such a minute feature.
Tenacious D FTW :D

What if this list was re-included into RO, but instead of setting a pickup priority or crosshair choice you can set up personal preferences for certain weapons. Examples could be the option to have the sight hood for the K98 on or off
God Bless You!

Upvote 0