• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

actually most early russian M91s that were finn marked were just rifles that were there when finland gained it's independance from russia

they were at some point stamped with a finnish army property mark (the SA mark we know and love) most also had metric markings added to the rear sight

stocks would be replaced when needed and always with finn made stocks

the finns also never made a single mosin reciever they just recycled russian recievers that they either already had or captured (this is how it's possible for the 1970 M39 a friend of mine just got to have been shipped without him having a C&R because of it's 1895 Sestroryetsk reciever)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
and the brown truck came and from the brown truck a man dressed in brown emerged in his arms a box and in that box....

1915 Tula M91 (needs handguard)

1915_Tula_M91.jpg

original 1600x1200 photo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are some purdy Mosins!

I am very proud to announce that I will be ordering a USGI M1 rack-grade from the CMP next week (or whenever GCA tells CMP I'm in their system, that is!), and will have lots of gun pr0n and gushing to share! It'll be a bit of a beater, for sure, but replacement parts are comparatively easy to come by. I'm going to request for the barrel being in the best shape possible, everything else secondary. I may end up having to completely reaplace the stock and having it re-parked, but it'll be MY M1! :D :D

*excited dance*

Upvote 0
Those are some purdy Mosins!

I am very proud to announce that I will be ordering a USGI M1 rack-grade from the CMP next week (or whenever GCA tells CMP I'm in their system, that is!), and will have lots of gun pr0n and gushing to share! It'll be a bit of a beater, for sure, but replacement parts are comparatively easy to come by. I'm going to request for the barrel being in the best shape possible, everything else secondary. I may end up having to completely reaplace the stock and having it re-parked, but it'll be MY M1! :D :D

*excited dance*

was going to ask why rack grade... then i noticed they sold out of field grade... i now regret not bidding higher on the garand at a gun auction that was probably somewhere between a service grade and field grade and sold for $450

and manstein... crop and resize you are making me do some serious horizontal scrolling for an overly large grainy photo

Last edited:
Upvote 0
was going to ask why rack grade... then i noticed they sold out of field grade... i now regret not bidding higher on the garand at a gun auction that was probably somewhere between a service grade and field grade and sold for $450

and manstein... crop and resize you are making me do some serious horizontal scrolling for an overly large grainy photo

Yeah, it's sad. I'm going to call the CMP store and see if they ahve any field grades left, if they do I'll make the 5 hour drive and pick one from the rack. I might make the drive anyway just to see the racks of rifles :)

Upvote 0
So lets say I have a few friends who each own fully automatic BAR's. I don't think any of them have the Class III SOF licence thing. So how would I go about buying the firearm from them? Each of them have told me that when they decide to sell their BAR that they'll come to me first.

Is it possible to do the transaction through somebody who has a Class III SOF and all the needed things? Or does the seller directly have to have the licence?

Necro that's a nice looking dog & rifle you got there!

Upvote 0
The weapon should be fully registered as it's full auto, I believe. Any transfer in ownership requires registering it in the name of the new owner, including background check and all that. There are others with VASTLY more supperior knowledge in this than me, however, so I can't give anything more useful than that, sorry :)

If you don't get an answer here, try out some gun specific sites around the net. And uh...phrase it carefully. Unregistered automatics is a no-no that the ATF does look for, I believe. There are stories (I have no idea if they're true or not) of people getting visits from an alphabet soup of agencies for posting videos and claims of themselves with full autos, and not having the papers for them leads to fines and having to play 'pick up the powdered soap!' with someone named 'Big Tony'.

Upvote 0