• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best playercount for pubs

Best playercount for pubs

• Total voters
32. The maps are designed for 32 players.

Bad thing is, mor players = less fun, instead of tactical play all just turn to TDM.

Most infantry maps are designed for 16-32 players, so 24 is gold middle for it.
Exept LyesKrovy, for this map best maximum (imho) is 16. But all servers that has this map are 32 players, on 16 nobody even play :(

Would be cool if there be servers that has only small infantry maps (LyesKrovy, Warsaw, Danzig, PartizanForest etc)

p.s. Whoops I forgot, I mainly play infantry maps and tank maps very rare. So it should be: 'Best playercount for infantry-only public servers'

Upvote 0
32 is the way to go, but imho, there are far to many auto's ingame. There should be allowed only one smg, one mountable MG, one semi, and the rest Bolts to actually simulate the correct numbers of each ingame.Tank drivers shouls self destruct after getting further than 100 ft from the vehicle spawn, and not be allowed to exit the tank after they leave the spawn area. as it is right now, the russian side will spawn a tank driver then use the dark grey uniform to infiltrate the german side with an auto. Heh, and then they will whine when they get TK'd.

Just my opinion. :)

Upvote 0
It's too bad they weren't 64 players. I don't understand those who like to play in public servers with fewer players than max. Even the way people say and speak of , "pub" servers implies a derogatory and elitist tone.

I think the experience one gets from a full public server is the most fun. Usually, on a good server there are a core of regulars on anyway, and visiting clans. The regulars might not have clan tags, but are as good or better.

I find the clan folk the hardest to play with and it's the clans that detract from the good play at times. Some will come on in a group, have their own teamspeak going on, not communicate with the other players other than to make comments about how "noobish" everyone is compared to them (riiiight). They do their own thing and often won't deviate to help the team when the team is working the map in a different way from what they are used to. Now I'm not speaking of all clans, in fact, most clan players are great team players as well. but you know it's the rotten apples that spoil the bunch.

I like the unpredictability of the full public servers, the creative teamwork that comes up. A full server only contributes to this. If you take also into account the larger maps, especially some of the very large new maps springing up, even 32 players isn't enough. I can't imagine having much fun playing Berezina or Tractorworks with 8 or 16 players.

Upvote 0