• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SU100 documentary

Thanks stiner for sharing. Especially the Russian version. :)
The thing that bugged me - the guy told that SU-100 gun could take out King Tiger from 1.5 km, from any position..
No the king tiger was never kiiled from the front in battle, the side was but a T34 /85 can kill a king tiger from the side. also i have 5 books on king tigers and they all say. anyway i am happy you like it:p the su100 is very low and sneaky it be good if they can get it in the game;) all we need is some late war tanks maps so we can blow each other to bits:D:D

Upvote 0
Gj Karl
Would love to see it in game but for now I'd rather see -122 OR -152 as they entered service earlier - though I appreciate these are assault guns rather than tank destroyers and less effective against armour. Still, I imagine they could still do damage to tigers, and would be good for Orel for example.
Nevertheless very impressive machine and video- good find.

Upvote 0
yea , can you speak Russian ,i like to know what that man said about the panther

I have correctly put commas? You wish to know that the speaks announcer ? There is almost nothing interesting. They had many money to roll out the tank. They did not have not enough time to read books.

Tiger-2 .

You saw books Mihail Svirin ? I am not assured that translated . To the old man asked a question about the Tiger-2. He has put out here it. http://forum.sudden-strike.ru/showthread.php?t=6438&page=66

a2035e66ee09ho7.gif

The left column penetrate .
The right column notpenetrate .

Types of shells are unknown. There was a few experimental samples.

Conditions.

Penetrate are not considered in case of hit in edge . In weld seam. In weak zones. Double hit .

Conclusions.

1.The armur has bad quality.
2.We cannot penetrate it. This too big . Our shells are inefficient.
3. Mass-production shell can penetrate edge of the armur . Weld seam . Weak zones .

To make a hole in the Tiger-2 . Could, a Sherman-Firefly, the American AT 90mm self-propelled guns. Using end-war subcaliber shells. In any plase . How many long ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gj Karl
Would love to see it in game but for now I'd rather see -122 OR -152 as they entered service earlier - though I appreciate these are assault guns rather than tank destroyers and less effective against armour. Still, I imagine they could still do damage to tigers, and would be good for Orel for example.
Nevertheless very impressive machine and video- good find.
yea the su152 only gets 2 shots every min it has a long reload time:p but the su100 fires a lot faster:) and i am lucky i have been inside the real su100:cool: at the musuem they left the drivers hatch open for me:D also you can see the size of the gun here on the su152, no wounder it takes so long to load

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have correctly put commas? You wish to know that the speaks announcer ? There is almost nothing interesting. They had many money to roll out the tank. They did not have not enough time to read books.

Tiger-2 .

You saw books Mihail Svirin ? I am not assured that translated . To the old man asked a question about the Tiger-2. He has put out here it. http://forum.sudden-strike.ru/showthread.php?t=6438&page=66

a2035e66ee09ho7.gif

The left column penetrate .
The right column notpenetrate .

Types of shells are unknown. There was a few experimental samples.

Conditions.

Penetrate are not considered in case of hit in edge . In weld seam. In weak zones. Double hit .

Conclusions.

1.The armur has bad quality.
2.We cannot penetrate it. This too big . Our shells are inefficient.
3. Mass-production shell can penetrate edge of the armur . Weld seam . Weak zones .

To make a hole in the Tiger-2 . Could, a Sherman-Firefly, the American AT 90mm self-propelled guns. Using end-war subcaliber shells. In any plase . How many long ???
yea good find, thanks for the info;) sorry for my bad Grammer:eek::p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SU-152 used two piece ammunition hence the slow reload time. The SU-100 used brass shells and I believe its gun was based on a naval design which they decided to use for this SP since it was available. The production numbers for this vehicle were low (1000?), I dont think it was particularly succesfull and the heavy tube and mantle caused early suspension failure. I think the Soviets/WarPact used these in class B units all the way into the late 50's/early 60's.

Upvote 0
SU-152 used two piece ammunition hence the slow reload time. The SU-100 used brass shells and I believe its gun was based on a naval design which they decided to use for this SP since it was available. The production numbers for this vehicle were low (1000?), I dont think it was particularly succesfull and the heavy tube and mantle caused early suspension failure. I think the Soviets/WarPact used these in class B units all the way into the late 50's/early 60's.
good info thanks:)

Upvote 0