• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can I Have Sniper Please?

Ever since original RO computer hardware speed and connection specs dominated whether one can load level fast and get sniper before someone else can do it. It's been like this forever, I always wondered why not add a different way to distribute those "elite" weapons. Such as previous map scores, obj capped etc... I am sure there are other ideas for this out there as well. Simple fact is that some people with low spec PC's rarely get to play sniper on a popular servers.

Upvote 0
Hi DJ.. We had a good run in the Tiger the other night didn't we :)
The Red army won the first round with ease but we took it back in the last two.

Like I said before in this thread. I'm playing as Sniper on nearly all servers I join. Don't shoot, Just ask and I'll swap with anyone anytime.

Actually you swapped with me one time before. I asked if you could switch and you said "Sure, I'm not doing too good anyway."

Upvote 0
I've been joking the entire time. Kong decided to announce "CoreNA ROX ur clan $ux, I snipe for CoreNA NUMBER ONE HOOAH" montra with his cheerleader Athena shouting "lets go Kong!" dun, dun, dun dun dun! with her huge golden pom-poms of maturity of 14 years +5. What a mature group of posters those two are. :rolleyes:
*austin powers voice*"thats a man baby!" yes there was a post awhile back explaining the name is the forum equivelent of "Im not a transvestite I just find wearing womens underwear to be more comfortable."

Upvote 0
Actually you swapped with me one time before. I asked if you could switch and you said "Sure, I'm not doing too good anyway."

Then it wasn't me.. Cos I can drop sprinting pixels like flies at a 1000 phaces, anytime ;)

Can't remember swaping with you Comrade Vassilli, when was that.

I have some good nights and bad ones. When it clicks, I can be a real terror to the other side.
You can always tell you've been doing "good" when some guy final manage to sneak in behind the lines and kill you and then takes time too wack your imaginary corps the following 50 seconds. :eek:

I played as sniper last night, it was damn hard to hit anything that moved sideways.
I tought what the hell is this, I was sure I had the target 100%
I tried to lead the moving target with various distances but it felt more like random luck when I hit.

Not long after I shot a guy 70m away and noticed that it took something like 0.5 seconds before he went down.

I can usualy be quite accurate even with ping at 150 as long is its steady.
However, if it goes up and down all the time then its just luck when you hit something sprinting sideways.

Sniping in RO is amazing fun at looong distances, they don't know what hit them. No sound is heard.

Upvote 0
Clarify something for me please: some people claim they just use iron sites as a sniper blah blah blah. How can someone honestly think they are as good/accurate with a bolt rifle vs. sniper rifle? Its simply a matter of zoom and vision and not shooting at a couple of pixels with open sites. The sniper rifle flat out rules in RO (unless in a small urban map) I challenge ANYONE to a duel on a large map like Berezina with me in sniper role vs soldier with a boltie.
I dont know about the gaming rigs you play on, but I just have a middle of the road Dell with a 19inch moniter and trying to shoot long distances with open sites vs a scope, its like night and day. Maybe you are using a 36 inch flat screen as a monitor and the latest/greatest vid card or maybe I am just getting old and dont see too well no more.

Fire and maneuver.

Upvote 0
Well I can't speak for other's

With the german rifle, witch I belive has the best IS, and a distance not extreamly long I can hit most moving targets with pretty much the same "accuracy"
I even find some shots easier, or rather quicker to perform with IS.
But even if I can shoot well with IS, i'm sure not as good as with the Scoope.

I had a few encounters as a Sniper when It was hard even with scoope to hit the target, only to be killed by the same guy over and over and him using IS only. :eek:

I don't suspect they where cheating, just good and probably with a decent graphics card too.

Well i'm of to sniper training with IS, its damn fun when it hits.

Upvote 0
Well I can't speak for other's

With the german rifle, witch I belive has the best IS, and a distance not extreamly long I can hit most moving targets with pretty much the same "accuracy"

Funny you say that. I can't hit s*** with the german rifle (as I painfully noticed again just last night), but more and more these days I prefer the good ole Mosin-Nagant over everything else ... It's so much easier to clear out the left flank of K

Upvote 0