• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The future of 'Ost Front - will it be going Unreal 3?

The Forgotten Hope Mod Team are still keeping the WW2 theme alive and kicking, carrying it off from BF1942 to BF2 and yet there are still lots and lots of people excited about it. I have a strong feeling TW won't continue with this trend and start to move on. I take it they will start their new game on a Barbie Doll simulator which is just great :rolleyes: keep up the good work guys ;)

Upvote 0
At risk of mild thread hijack, I just can't bear to see Aussies talking about cricket after England's s*cking so badly they could s*ck-start a leaf-blower down under recently.

Gameplay algorithm for proposed WW1 western front game -
1 - spawn,
2 - stick head above trench,
3 - get it shot off,
4 - respawn,
5 - climb out of trench and walk slowly forwards towards MG nest presenting bayonet,
6 - get mown down within 5 seconds
7 - go to 1 until gasattack = true
8 - *choke gasp*

fun fun fun - although a Gallipoli map has certain attractions ;)

1-Crawl out of tench to within 50 yards of enemy trench
2-Wait for atillary barrage
3-Charge into enemy trench bayonet fixed and mills bomb at the ready
4-clear trench/bunkers with pistols/spades/woodenclubs
5-waits for the tanks to role up
6-follow tank up to next trench
7-clear trench/bunkers with pistols/spades/woodenclubs.

A great war game would be great fun.

Upvote 0
I think a new RO on unreal 3 would be hazardous to both my wallet (gotta see it in the shiny new graphics!) and my grades. That said I wouldn't want to waste my life any other way. :cool:
Actually, WoW is the only game you can waste your life on. RO, on the other hand, is something you can't (IMHO;)).
But seriously, if you feel that your gaming habits are affecting your grades, try to play less. And remember my quote which I have been thinking of for a while:
"Dessert tastes better after a descent meal."
Meaning that eating only dessert will lose the need for regular food.
If you let gaming take over your life, your grades will drop along with your self-confidence.
BTW, WoW isn't a dessert, it is a pie-eating contest without winners. :D

Upvote 0
thats right, we are here mainly because it's ww2.
if we were here for the realism only, we would be playing america's army all for free!

1-Crawl out of tench to within 50 yards of enemy trench
2-Wait for atillary barrage
wich takes out half your team
3-Charge into enemy trench bayonet fixed and mills bomb at the ready
only to find out the germs came out of their holes and have set up that MG in front of you
4-clear trench/bunkers with pistols/spades/woodenclubs
5-waits for the tanks to role up
6-follow tank up to next trench
where it gets stuck , because the crew is knocked out after the tank drove in a 5 foot crater
7-clear trench/bunkers with pistols/spades/woodenclubs.

A great war game would be great fun
if ww1 was like that i don't think it would have lasted 4 years ;)

Upvote 0
thats right, we are here mainly because it's ww2.
if we were here for the realism only, we would be playing america's army all for free!

wich takes out half your team
only to find out the germs came out of their holes and have set up that MG in front of you
where it gets stuck , because the crew is knocked out after the tank drove in a 5 foot crater

if ww1 was like that i don't think it would have lasted 4 years ;)
Fighting on the western front was a lot more diverse than you would think. It verryied from the futile waves of men sent at dug in positions, to the battles of movement and tanks of 1918.

Upvote 0