• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lol, Super Secret Spetsnaz "Techniques"

I'm pretty shure this was a demo of SYSTEMA. This is a russian MA wich has some ancient origins.

Even if it is looking quite like a coreography for someone used with "rambo" style fighting, Systema is quite effective especially in the fight with multiple opponents. The same like some japanese and chinese MA where you need to master really well the technique that you can apply it. In the "rambo" style fighting (using the force in extremis) you don't need to master the techinque too good that you can apply it. You can replace the lack of technique with brute force. All these style are effective but are different approaces and you cannot say this is better than that. This deppends from person to person.

There were some very small details in that tehnique presented in the video wich impressed me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My Big Brother is a 5th degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do, he was the youngest Black Belt and Certified Instructor on the West Coast in 1984. His instructor John trained with Chuck Norris in Korea while in the Air Force.

I have seen my brother Justin beat the hell out of 5 Mexican gangsters, one of them had a shovel and hit him in the shoulder, he then took the shovel away and proceeded to beat the hell out of all of them. It was awesome! :D Justin would mop the floor with those Spetsnaz nOObs. He used to compete in the East/West Tournaments a full two weight classes above his, beating kids 16 and 17 years old when he was 11. :cool:

That video was bullogna.

My Dad never let me train in the MA's, after I smashed my Steel Thundercats lunchpail over another kids head in second grade, he said my temper was too bad, and out of control. :(

Upvote 0
... Justin would mop the floor with those Spetsnaz nOObs.
My Dad never let me train in the MA's, after I smashed my Steel Thundercats lunchpail over another kids head in second grade, he said my temper was too bad, and out of control. :(

LOL

Show the video to your brother. If he is a 5dan/degree he could see some intersting things there and listen at what he will tell you :) .

OK, there are some bs also but the techniques for disarming are very well done.

You should ask your dad to allow you to study some MA. Contrary to the common belief that MA makes you aggressive, studing MA makes you more peaceful... belive it or not. :p

Have phun,
:)

Upvote 0
Just love how Mr. "Martial Arts" sweeps everybody including his partner with a live gun in the first part!! What a tard!!

You're absolutely right, that weapon was loaded. Only a complete moron would handle a loaded weapon like that. Even if it was loaded with blanks for the demo, it's still incredibly stupid and dangerous.
I also like in the second part how he appears to point a pistol at multiple people in the crowd and at his own head.
All the martial arts in the world aren't much use against a gun, unless you're Wonder Woman and can deflect bullets with your wrists. LOL!

Upvote 0
My Big Brother is a 5th degree Black Belt in Tang Soo Do, he was the youngest Black Belt and Certified Instructor on the West Coast in 1984. His instructor John trained with Chuck Norris in Korea while in the Air Force.

I have seen my brother Justin beat the hell out of 5 Mexican gangsters, one of them had a shovel and hit him in the shoulder, he then took the shovel away and proceeded to beat the hell out of all of them. It was awesome! :D Justin would mop the floor with those Spetsnaz nOObs. He used to compete in the East/West Tournaments a full two weight classes above his, beating kids 16 and 17 years old when he was 11. :cool:

That video was bullogna.

Well what do you expect, you and your brother are american and so you are superior to everyone else.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty shure this was a demo of SYSTEMA. This is a russian MA wich has some ancient origins.

I'm talking about the part later where people fall down without being touched. Like the "sentry" who falls flat on his ass? I'm throwing the BS flag on that stuff.

Unless you shoot someone or something, they don't "just" fall down.

Systema rocks. I'd love to learn it. But the stuff on the second half of the video degrades it BADLY. These are hucksters.

And not only was that 74 LOADED, the safety was off and I saw his finger on and off the trigger. Holy CRAP. Even if it's an inert prop, it's not good to do that.

And if that guy's a Marine, I'm a SEAL. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Then don't watch other Specnaz (Red Berets etc) training videos, they do it with live rounds.

Training with hot weapons is fine. I'm about the last person to be scared of a loaded gun. Hell, when I was camping in the Gila Wilderness, I slept with a loaded pistol (with a round in the chamber) inside my sleeping bag (it's bear country). The problem is when some newb starts waving the gun around WITH HIS FINGER ON THE TRIGGER.

Even more disconcerting is when the guy later pretends he's a Jedi... Not a real firm grip on reality there. If someone's gonna be handling guns around me, I'd prefer if he/she was grounded in reality, not in fantasy.

Upvote 0
There's training, and then there's plain idiocy. This video falls into the latter category. These people are NOT training, they're putting on some kind of half-assed demonstration. And they're practicing disarming techniques with loaded weapons (which is dumb), they're pointing loaded weapons at the crowd (which is unforgivably stupid, even if the weapon isn't loaded), and even at themselves.
If I were in the crowd at this demo, I'd get the hell away from these clowns. They're a danger to anyone nearby.

Upvote 0
..Not only they train with live ammo, they (instructors) also shoot in the direction of recruits.

That does not surprise me. Reading some reports as well as watching some reminds me that recruits in Russia often have a very bad live. It looks like they are often beaten up just for the fun of it etc.

That reminds me of some reports of the FMSO that came to the conclusion that Russia or better the Soviet Union lacked of decent NCOs. It's bad that the Soviet Union/Russia did not learn its lesson after WW2, saying Germany had a lot sucesses because of their NCOs, while Russia lacked in that kind up to the 90s.

Upvote 0
..Not only they train with live ammo, they (instructors) also shoot in the direction of recruits.

I'll go one further.

SEALs (and others, but I've seen the SEALs vids) train for hostage rescues in a "shoot house" enter a room and clear it of paper badguys... while their instructors pose as hostages, sitting in chairs in front of the targets.

Live ammo, real guns, body armor? Nah. No pre-shoot walk-through, take it as it comes. Enter, aquire and shoot.

Upvote 0