• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your perfect Red Orchestra

Crusher

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Belgium
How does YOUR perfect Red Orchestra look like? Which features should be removed and which features should be implemented?

I start:
At the spawn you see trucks with soldiers that represent the reinforcements, every time people spawn, a truck backs up in the spawn and drops some soldiers, there is also a commander yelling names that should go and fight.
There is no HUD, when you get hit your screen shakes and you yell "aaaaaaargh, mein [insert limb]" you know how much ammo you have left with a press of a button.
The arty is much more spread and contains more dirt.
Getting into IS takes more time because you have to align it perfectly, there is more shaky sway too because the weapon is too heavy.

Now it's YOUR turn to tell me how a perfect RO looks like.

Hud stuff i couldn't give crap about too minor to be included for my ideal image.

Leaning that works normaly, no leaning from tip of helmet etc, and fix of clipping

Lowering and raising body behind a deployed weapon.

My ideal game means lots of ability for diversity and tweakability for admins so every server if wanted can play a different game of ro.

From diehard realism to deathmatch. Vehicle position change delays etc.

Randomizers for levels like those at guns. But then for roadblocks spawns and capzones. And objectives.

indeed the added functionality to have to align the ironsights.

Next to that less bouncing of is2 bullets against panthers that are angled 1 meter from your turret ending up in destroying the is2 itself from a angled shot. (i never play with tanks myself but this is what i heard)

THE OLD pre 3.0 capsystem. And again ability for server to set amount of reinforcements, ability to set individual reinforcements, ability to blackout certain spectate modes, ability to change maptime, maploadouts etc. Basically ability to change every variable there is if possible. On a per map basis.

Ability for a some sort of mutator to be set in maps that triggers something that forces team unbalance. So you get 2v1 scenarios.

So all in all, i mostly want more tweakability for servers, so serveradmins and clans themselves can decide how they want to play the game on public.

Maybe limit amount of bullets so you can spawn with 1 clip, or for "fun" nights no clips aka melee only. If a server screws up the game because of misuse of settings it will be empty in no time anyway.

Graphical and Audio stuff are afcourse nice, but i want more diversity in gameplay, and some more features to make gameplay FEEL more realistically. (not necessairily be more realistic but something that makes people act realisitic)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, its pretty much fine as it is, though that no-HUD thingy sounds good too.

oh, and having death messages removed would totally add something.
and black screen on death would be nice, though i dont really mind getting to watch others play RO, cause thats nice at times too.
just remove DM's, and get rid of the HUD as much as possible, and no more flashy things on the map telling you what is being capped or not.

Upvote 0
1) Fix "totally" OR remove totally the leaning

2) Add tank engine sounds that are hearable for the infantry outside the tank and not only the crew :rolleyes:

3) Add various camo, uniforms on the official maps

4) Fix the Kar98 animation where while sprinting you can see the bullets inside the chamber

5) Make a special Kar98 version without sight-hoods and PM me the console command to activate it :D

Upvote 0

With the deat messages and no hud, you can just go into configuration-->HUD and check the box no HUD (or uncheck the box show HUD). That's how I run the game, makes it so you have to listen to hear the screams of your teammates as they are gunned down so that you know if a room is occupied or not. :D

Upvote 0
Can anyone link me to a "free get-a-life!" coupon? Cheers. :eek:
Ask and you shall receive!

Dr.Tard said:
Different levels of addiction have been observed to this day. However, there's only one safe way to cure yourself from this evil addiction and it consists of four easy and intuitive steps:

1. throw your mouse and keyboard into your monitor.
2. smash your computer with a hammer.
3. order and play my tape "t3H iNtArNet is The B!g ****s" at night while you sleep.
4. Presto! you're back into the Real World.

Geeks may look relaxed and having fun but it's the opposite. Take your chance now and change your destiny today!

- Dr.Tard. Trust me. I know.

Upvote 0
I wouldn'tve stopped playing last year if these had been the changes made to the mod. Hear, hear!

I'm so pathetic for still hanging around on a forum for a game I haven't booted up for so, so long. :)

Can anyone link me to a "free get-a-life!" coupon? Cheers. :eek:

That happened to me during the mod days. Practically, I didn't play RO 3.0 at all, but when Ostfront got released I started playing it again. And I've been floating around the forums all that time :D

Upvote 0

and black screen on death would be nice, though i dont really mind getting to watch others play RO, cause thats nice at times too.
just remove DM's, and get rid of the HUD as much as possible, and no more flashy things on the map telling you what is being capped or not.

most of the stuff you asked for is available as mutator (black-screen on death) or as server-side option (dm_off)...havent seen anything though that removes the "cap-bar", and to me it looks necessary

Upvote 0
64 players OR MORE.
And I really wanna feel what class and differences like if I'm sniper I would really like to sneak in field behind enemy lines and only take down enemy officers in 1 shot and more stuff like that.
Better graphics and animations to make it look more realistic
and everything crusher said because that was awesome!

Upvote 0
1) Add "Group respawn" (for mapmaker /serverside).
"X" players must die to respawn as a group.

2) Rework the suppression system
- Accurcy and volume of fire = Aim shake and and slight tunnelvision
- Add supersonic bullet snaps.
- EnLarge impact puffs/debris.

3) Morale system
- Stay close to commander = Lessened suppression effect.

4) Only Commander has a map and may see objectives.

- Players may see map if close to commander

5) Remove individual score system and only show TEAM total score.
- If 3 guys kill 2 enemies each, Team score = 6 points.

6) Fix tank armour to correct values

7) Add auto jump/climb and remove jumping

8) Duck behind MG + duck reload.

9) Able unarmed punches.

10) Add grenade land sound

11) Able Explotion knockdown/leg shot knockdown.
- Shot to the leg = auto dive. Grenade explode close = auto dive.

12) Make single tank driving hard
- Position change time increase
- Long tank exit time
- Shorten reload time if 3 in tank.
- Limit all combined tank maps to one tank

Upvote 0
The squad system from BF2.
I know its not realistic but it adds infinitely to the sense of comradely and team play of the battlefield. Defiantly the best feature of BF2

35 round clips and reduced recoil for the ppsh.

Realistic armour.
I play Russian most of the time and its just not that satisfying taking out a tiger knowing its underpowered. But this also means giving the ruskies the numerical advantage they had in the war.

Upvote 0
most of the stuff you asked for is available as mutator (black-screen on death) or as server-side option (dm_off)...havent seen anything though that removes the "cap-bar", and to me it looks necessary

i know those are mutators, but i'd like to see them as official, not just a mutator.
and now that you mention it, yeah, get rid of the little bar under the capping bar where you can guesstimate the amount of enemies around.

oh, and everything Teq said lol

Upvote 0