• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

communication ban does not work

Jokerman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2006
I did not know that voice messages spam could be such an issue until today.
I played in the 44 server and there was a guy who didnt stop cycling the coms- curses,satchel planted! heavy tank! (in kransy no less) on and on, map after map until I could take no more and left. he ruined everybody's game. ppl tked him just to get 10 secs of peace (the lovely soothin sound of fightin that is).
I tried to block messages from him in my com options, I got a message that banning so and so has been successful but de facto kept on hearing the idiot.
any idea if it can be fixed and how?

oh and btw, his name is hitman851 (not sure bout the number)

maybe its unethical but Ill be damned if he didnt earn it

edit: hitman591 is the name. met him again, this time he was on the other team and was quiet. the way he behaved I was sure he was a 13 years old veteran who got bored with the game, but he was so easy to kill with a bayo in frontal assault that my theory instantly collapsed.
how does a noob develops such an attidue so fast?

Last edited:
From what I understand when you block somebody in your communications menu or however you do it, it just blocks their VoIP voice chat only and not their voice macros. When people spam those it does get annoying after a while (except for "Achtung shambeh bambeh!" of course ;) ), so it'd probably be a good idea to integrate some kind of overflow or anti-spam system. This should also probably be in the bug or suggestions forum.

Upvote 0