• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ostfront Gazette

Maybe you should write the next one from the eyes of the Russians? All over the newspaper I felt Germany is "home", and Russians are the "away" team :)

Other than that, interesting to read :)

Really??? Biased toward the Germans??? How?

As the 181st tank were tied up by the 3rdSS, axis HQ's ordered an infantry assault by the 20th Panzer Grenadier Division at a snowy forest in Eastern Poland. Aerial Recon photo's failed to show the intricate trench system the Red's had devised and which proved fatal for the 20.PzGr's as they had to withdrawl from the Snowy forest.

The (5GJ) 5th Gebirgsjager Mountain Division & 20PzGr's attacked Lazur where the Russian units of the 193rd & 8GA fought a long arduous battle eventually repelling the German assault.

The Russian 181st Tank Brigade went on a full assault propelling through our defensive lines. With heroic fighting the 20th Panzer Grenadier Division defended Arad to the last panzerfaust but the battered Ruski Brigade now holds the dismal land of Arad.

The 5SS holding what was thought to be a secure line was suddenly attacked by units of the Russian's 181st Tank Brigade at Bondarevo forcing a general retreat in the area.

(A sample from the #2 issue)

I guess its a matter of interpretation. As I see it, this issue is praising the bravery, valor and victories of the Russians.​

Upvote 0
It's just how I felt, I did not say "biased" though. There's just occasinal "ze Russians attacking unzereh defensez!" sentences and many "reports" from Axis HQ. I don't really care if it should be neutral or not, as this is just the writer's impression.

Overrally, good idea and good work.

Upvote 0
OSTFRONT GAZETTE is some cool stuff, isn't it? Gets a little more depth to details of the campaign as a way to keep the RO community informed of what we're up to over in the realism units.

Don't worry.. the Soviet propaganda machine is in full swing on our own unit forums. Hehehe but for our routine campaign updates on the Eastern Front Operations forums, we use the B.B.C. as a neutral (reasonably neutral, that is :) ) source of the news.

Here's a sample:

efo21.png

"This is the B.B.C., and here is the 6 o

Upvote 0
If you read the first issue it says "The objective is to represent a WW2 axis newspaper.The content will comprise of reports from the battle field of any axis realism unit and their battles in various leagues and official scrimmages."

There is a link to the first issue on the left hand side of the page

If you want news from the allied perspective check out the BBC

As for CC, I intended to mention it but come press time I just plain forgot, I will make sure it is featured in a future article :)

Upvote 0