• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics When to hit Esc - Disconect

K Rohm PANZER BLITZ??????

K Rohm PANZER BLITZ??????

You are talking early 1971 there Mac! Though I suppose it was around until 82. Yeah those games were great medicine for crazy teens who wanted to go to war in Nam. After playing every game Avalon Hill caughed up - Sink the Bismarck, Stalingrad, the Italy one, Afrika Corps, France 1940, the mega game '1914' that took forever for players just to make one turn, and several others, and the Panzer blitz east and western fronts....I was saved from following my Special Forces brother into joining the army. I had learned from Stalingrad that being a chip on the map for some general to SOAK OFF in a 1 to 6 attack was a BAD IDEA! In fact my once Special Forces brother called me tonight asking what the name of the Stalingrad game was becuase his own 16 year old son now wants to go to war in Iraq. He found one on Ebay. I think my brother wished he'd played Stalingrad before he enlisted rather than AFTER.

Hence our saying: Only go to war if you are leaning over the strategic war map looking down, and everyone in the great bunker salutes you as "Mein Fuhrer!" or "Great Khan".

But now that we are much older and done with adventures, both he and I now agree that we ought to die by going to Verdun and running across one of those old closed UXO zones so that on our tomb stones it can say: Died by artillery shell in Verdun.

Upvote 0
Frontline Assault is just a terrible map, well at least the version that was around a while ago was, it got pulled from Aussie servers because people hated it so much. The main problem I had with it was that the Russian spawn did not advance at all, which gave the Germans a tremendous advantage in getting themselves to the trench line quickly. Then the line itself was done so poorly that a Russians could only get past it where it opened out at the extreme left and right, so there were only two spots the Russians can cross while the Germans can happily sit back from the line but still in the zone and out of grenade range, meaning you can't get right amongst them easily at all.

I know maps don't need to be perfectly balanced but this map whenever I played it was a slaughter for the Russians if the German team even had a semblance of coherent players.

Upvote 0