• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

7900gs crashes to restart

Stoffel

Jan 30, 2007
I just put a computer together for a friend so he could play RO and he was gracious enough to buy me a copy and get me addicted as well.

e6600 duo running on the gigabyte s series ga-965p-s3 motherboard
gigabyte nvidia 7900GS
2 gigs corsair ram

We have gone over everything with the card and are waiting for an RMA from newegg to replace the video, which is about all I can come up with at this point.

What its doing:
We will be playing for a bit and for no expected reason that I can find, the screen will pixilate and lock up the computer, where a hard reset is the only thing we can do to get a responce. It seems to be happening really often on Arad or any mod of the map, but occasionally on other maps. I cant find any kind of pattern other than that.

The amusing thing is that my 2 year old laptop running barely over the minimum requirements and a afro engineered cooling system to overclock the video card runs the game with absolutely no problems.

I did a search of the forums to find anythign related and dont see anythign that has given me a direction to go in.