• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

> 1 license

You just need to buy one copy on one account. Then from there you can log-in on ANY computer and download the game to play. UNLESS!! You want to play on both PCs at the same time, then you will need separate accounts both with one copy.

What's with all these silly people asking silly questions?

it is better to ask silly question and be silly for five minutes than NOT ask and be silly for rest of your life...:cool:

Upvote 0
Not really a silly question - every other game of this genre that we own is installed on our 2 PCs and we play head to head over our small LAN. We would like to use Red Orchestra on our 2 PCs at the same time for LAN play. Do I really need to buy another copy of the game to play head to head on the a LAN on 2 PCs? If yes, then I'll just take it back to the shop and exchange for something else - what's the point of buying a multiplayer game if you can't play it in multiplayer mode like every other multiplayer game we use!

Upvote 0
If yes, then I'll just take it back to the shop and exchange for something else - what's the point of buying a multiplayer game if you can't play it in multiplayer mode like every other multiplayer game we use!
1) You can not just give it back. It's tied to your STEAM-Account.
2) Normally, you have to buy a second copy of a game when you want to play it on 2 different PCs at the same time.
Everything else should be illegal...(as far as I know)

Oh, and yes - the bots are to dumb to play against them.

Upvote 0
Not really a silly question - every other game of this genre that we own is installed on our 2 PCs and we play head to head over our small LAN....what's the point of buying a multiplayer game if you can't play it in multiplayer mode like every other multiplayer game we use!

I would seriously like to know what games you are legally buying/playing that allows both mutliple installs and running instances that have been made within the last 5 years. Seriously.. I haven't seen any game like that since the mid ninties.

ala duke nukem, warcraft/starcraft.

EDIT: sorry, the only recent game I can think of is that space sim, galactic civilizations or something, where the only thing you need a CD key for is downloading updates.

Upvote 0
Not really a silly question - every other game of this genre that we own is installed on our 2 PCs and we play head to head over our small LAN. We would like to use Red Orchestra on our 2 PCs at the same time for LAN play. Do I really need to buy another copy of the game to play head to head on the a LAN on 2 PCs? If yes, then I'll just take it back to the shop and exchange for something else - what's the point of buying a multiplayer game if you can't play it in multiplayer mode like every other multiplayer game we use!

All of those games you play, it's illegal. . .

Steam just makes it possible to enforce it.

Dumbass alert! Dumbass alert!

Upvote 0

1- Just to let you know, this game is far better and far more intense then any other. (only after you get good at it)

2- You would have a MUCH better time having you and you're friend ONLINE with real people instead of going against stupid bots...

3- You can exchange it for something else...
But in most cases, something else might just cost you an additional 30$ (for another game that might not be as good) because RO doesnt cost as much as most other game.

So, what is better...
Return RO, exchange it for something else (That is probably not as good), install something else on both machines, use a crack, keep original exe's for future patches... even at that point, you will not be able to play both people Online.

Or just get an extra RO, Steam will ALWAYS update automatically and you don't need to bother with anything else.

Trust me, If there is anything better then Playing Red Orchestra online, it's Playing it and having you're buddy next to you while you're under fire, covering each other in a cap zone...

Edit
Just to clarify myself.
I often said that RO is the best and better then all other games...
This is MY OPINION. But I respect the fact that Taste is none negociable.
If you like arcadish games more, you might be having fun with the BF Series...

But if you do like RO (I am sure you barely gave it a chance considering you said something about an exchange) Just get another one.

Keep in mind, this game has a heavy learning curve.
Its a game that requires Real Skill and a little more tactics...
Much better then most other games for clans, or buddies in the same home playing together... the teamwork will do wonders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what's the point of buying a multiplayer game if you can't play it in multiplayer mode like every other multiplayer game we use!
You know, that was just plain stupid. I'd like to explain why, but self expression is one of my weaknesses. I've tried but it didn't make any sense in the end so i'll just post the short version:

If you want to play a game, you buy it(or at least in theory). If someone else wants to play with you, he buys the game too. That's how it goes on the internet. LAN is like a small internet, minus the distance. If more than one people would play ONE copy of a game in any kind of network that's illegal, since a copy of that game doesn't mean you bought the game, it only means you've bought the right to play it. If the rest of the people in that network don't buy the game and use your copy instead, that means they didn't buy the right to play. In other words, they stole from the developers and the publisher and that's a big no-no.

When you go to a cinema, do you complain becouse you've bought a ticket but they don't let your friends come in with you? The two situations are very similiar and the first is just as stupid as the second.

Wow this still doesn't make a lot of sense but i hope someone will understand it.

Upvote 0
I would seriously like to know what games you are legally buying/playing that allows both mutliple installs and running instances that have been made within the last 5 years. Seriously.. I haven't seen any game like that since the mid ninties.

Actually most games with cd keys play perfectly fine on a LAN. CD keys are usually only checked by games when you play on the internet. I don't see anything that immoral with playing a game over a local LAN with two pc's. I've done it a few times to test multiplayer out on other games.

Though it frankly pales in comparison to playing online with friends on a LAN, doubly so with RO (bots.. in RO? arghhh!). I had two copies of BF1942 and me and my brother would often play DC together online, and that was great fun.

Upvote 0