• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

High Ping Servers

I play a lot on this ping rates and it doesnt nessacarily mean packet loss or lags, sure my performance suffers, but not that much.
sometimes youll know u had the upper hand as u hear your shot and u know his head was in your IS, but the server registered his shot first and totally ignored yours- but, as I said, this as not the common case, and like aesdana said- because its RO.

Upvote 0
its not that I want to, but thats what happen when you live in a country where gamers r pissed on.
so in rush hours- evenings and such- the main internet server (or however you call it) is loaded and the server browser in RO (or any other online game) only begins with 200 p servers, minimum, when late at night its usually 80 or 70.

Upvote 0
I go onto the [Splat] clanserver now and again, and even though I get an average 220-250 ping, I can still easily pop helmets off at good distances with my rifle.

Probably one of the main reasons why I don't go for those kinds of servers, though, is because I'm experimenting with my AA settings in my card, and although they don't hardly screw with the framerate in 100-150 ping servers, I'm afraid what it would be like in a 200+ server.

The only thing a high-ping server really does to you is either:

A. Warp you small distances (not very noticable)
B. Start molesting your framerate. :eek:

Upvote 0
Iv'e been playing a lots of euro matches. The ping isn't an issue as much as the packetloss. I can try a burst shot with a ppsh against a wall and sometimes the bullets will just dissappear. The UK servers just take some getting used to, and seem to have the less packetloss. I havn't really gotten used to rifles with a 200 ping. I always try to grab an smg and I really have to play smart and lucky just to break an even kd ratio. Playing with high ping is tough but it's especially worth it when you beat a Euro clan on their turf.

Upvote 0