• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Revolutionary war pistol...

in this case the recoil wouldn't be so much from how long or short the barrel is... it's the massively reduced weight of the firearm and the fact that there is no stock against your shoulder to put the recoil against a sturdier part of your body than your wrist and forearm

we are not talking recoil compared to a rifle as it is not really a rifle at that point (even though it kinda is)... we are talking compared to a pistol that was designed as a pistol

Upvote 0
WTF is up with the inner-city gangsters trying to move in on Russia? I think they'd get owned by the local criminals... Those type of people rely on the community around them to help hide them. I don't think they'd have the same community outside the US.
Somehow I'm confused with these "inner-city" etc terms.. OK, here's what happened. Guy from Russia goes to USA to avenge his friend. He doesn't have anyone there, exept local prostitute Dasha - he asks to help him get the guns and says that he has money. She helps him and voila.
He needs to get him some hollowpoints, though. FMJ isn't really as good, especially if you wanna bet your life on a pistol
He screws up badly by shooting nails in the face of a local gangster, his only friend is a scared ****less prostitute, guys with guns are knocking at his door. Would you go and seek some hollowpoints?

Upvote 0
I can't imagine it'd be terribly effective. Rifle ammo uses slower-burning powder, so it NEEDS a long barrel to get velocity. As a belly gun, it'd do the job, but I mean... Odds are fairly good it was sending bullets downrange at subsonic or barely sonic speeds.

Somebody ran the numbers

muzzle energy of ca. 1022 ft.-lbs. A bit stouter than the strongest .357 magnum rounds. That alone wouldn't be a problem considering the rather high weight of the pistol.

They didn't offer Muzzle velocity but they said that about 20% of the powder would come out unburned. The pressure at the muzzle would be around 27,000 PSI! So if it was shoved up to somebody's stomach. The Muzzle blast would do more internal damage than the bullet.:eek:

Upvote 0
BRAT 2 ? :( I do not think that it is necessary to spend for it your money. It full *S*H*I*T .

But if you want to know . " How to survive in Russia in 90th ". That you need to look it. BRAT .http://www.amazon.com/Brother-Serge...ef=pd_bbs_2/102-0996824-5913702?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

There is one more film which it is necessary to look.
JMURKI.http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d...s=dvd&field-keywords=.zhmurki&Go.x=14&Go.y=10

I warn, it is a stupid and cheap comedy. But there completely kept " life style , 90-th ":D .

http://www.zhmurki.ru/oboi1.htm

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow I'm confused with these "inner-city" etc terms.. OK, here's what happened. Guy from Russia goes to USA to avenge his friend. He doesn't have anyone there, exept local prostitute Dasha - he asks to help him get the guns and says that he has money. She helps him and voila.

He screws up badly by shooting nails in the face of a local gangster, his only friend is a scared ****less prostitute, guys with guns are knocking at his door. Would you go and seek some hollowpoints?

Lol, it was supposed to be the US?

Inner-city = ghettos = where the poor people live, which is where criminality (gangs) thrives here.

If he came from Russia to the US, I'da stopped by the local Wal-Mart to get some HP ammo for the guns. Yeah, I'd take time out in my day to get better ammo, not knowing if the stuff they sold me with the guns is even going to go bang.

Also, gang bangers here aren't brave/stupid enough (as stupid as they are) to come into a building like that. They'd have just waited outside and ambushed him. They're horrible shots (lack of practice, ignorance of form - they "learned" from movies), so they'll walk up and shoot you at point blank. They prefer to attack on their own terms.

I'm sure he could have found some help a lot more easily. Every Russian immigrant I know is sitting on a small arsenal!

The guys who own/run the gun store I frequent are both Russian immigrants. Cool guys.

Upvote 0