• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ravenshield

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Ravenshield is one of the best tactical shooters out there, imo and yet we don't have a thread about it in here.

So, here it is.

I have a two questions about Ravenshield where I need your opinions:
1. Do you think the weapons general accuracy is realistic? I know the game is quite abstract when it comes to weapons, as there is no freeaim + iron sights, but an expanding crosshairs, but still it feels pretty great imo. You are accurate when standing still and not accurate while running around. What more can you ask for, especially at the ranges the game takes place.
What do you think about it?

2. Do you think its worth to buy Athena Sword ?
What are the missions like? Does it run as fast as Ravenshield?

And a last question:
Is anyone interested in a few co-op missions at the weekend? Regular Ravenshield, patch 1.60? Fell free to suggest another version.

Last edited:
I still play RvS a lot, and yes, i agree, its one of the best tactical shooters ever. I still cant get over the movement in that game, how difficult it can get when under fire.

I honestly think they should have put in the iron sights, made it that much cooler. I love the vast selection of weapons as well.

As far as Athena Sword goes, I have that as well, but its mainly just missions, I cant remember if there were a few new weapons or not... but the maps/missions were a riot. I loved the one in the castle... anyways, good to see a thread about this game.

Upvote 0
I played the Raven Shield demo way back when, not for to long though. Even with the Fiveseven the recoil was crazy. You got a maximum of 1 shot before your gun went flying into the air (not even exaggerating). I could understand high recoil but damn... felt like every gun was using .308 Win and up. Was this changed before release or patched out? That was pretty much the only reason that kept me from buying it.

Upvote 0
I have a two questions about Ravenshield where I need your opinions:
1. Do you think the weapons general accuracy is realistic? I know the game is quite abstract when it comes to weapons, as there is no freeaim + iron sights, but an expanding crosshairs, but still it feels pretty great imo. You are accurate when standing still and not accurate while running around. What more can you ask for, especially at the ranges the game takes place.
What do you think about it?

2. Do you think its worth to buy Athena Sword ?
What are the missions like? Does it run as fast as Ravenshield?

And a last question:
Is anyone interested in a few co-op missions at the weekend? Regular Ravenshield, patch 1.60? Fell free to suggest another version.

1. Yes. It's a classic example that you don't necessarily need the most sophisticated weapons and ballistic system to achieve pretty realistic results. Although i agree an iron sights mode with significantly reduced conefire would've made the game even better. But overall the weapons behave like they should. In my opinion the expanding crosshairs thing doesn't really feel much different overall than RO's freeaim. Nor do I find it any easier or harder.

2. If you really, really dig the game then go ahead. But it is somewhat boring imo and the new weapons aren't that hot either. Much better: Get the Iron Wrath addon, which is at least as good, FOR FREE. You need a fileplanet account though.

Upvote 0
Don't check the teeth of a horse you got for free
lol - I might start using that as opposed to 'never look a gift-horse in the mouth' I'm used too- made me laugh that did..

When RVS cropped up in the past I have also wondered about Athena Sword- but whether many servers run AthSwo MP adversarial games- anyone know??

RVS is class, the weapons feel perfect and the selection is second to none, a gun-nut's paradise- anyplayers of MP have a fav?
I like the SA-80 - gets critisism in RL but it is awesome in RVS. FNC now and then.

Upvote 0
yeah, ARMA, RO to an extent, and WW2ol are the only realism shooters I know, if you want me to list all the mediocre to unrealistic It'll take me a week to compile all the names.

You may say, "Hey Vegas is a good fun game, don't hate on it" yeah sure fine, but no one likes it when someone takes a series of awesome movies, and then ruins the finale with a movie that doesn't even resemble the originals that were loved.

Upvote 0