• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steel Fury: Kharkov 42

it takes a bit of practice to drive, I use to spin in circles at the start, not sure if its a bug or something? What I do is rev it up with the up arrow key for a little bit then switch to first gear and you'll lunge forward. I'm a bit confused as to how to make my driver go somewhere through a command or something, he did it once when I parked the tank and switched to commander to fire on a tank, the ai took over the tank and started retreating...

Upvote 0
I had that same problem with the driver driving without orders, but somebody on the IL-2 forum told me that pressing 0 (zero) will prevent them from doing that. also, in case you missed it, you can order the driver to move forward or reverse with 1 and 2, and to turn left and right with 3 and 4. (may require multiple taps to get you in the direction you want to go.)

Upvote 0
First impressions.

Sound needs a lot of work.
Smoke seems a bit too thin.
Controls are fixed.
The readme is only about controls, nothing extra.
The crushing of trees is awesome.
I miss binocs, I use the zoom of the canon now to investigate the horizon.
It's very nice to see your fellow tankdrivers inside the tank.
The impact of the mg bullets seems so, euh, childish / unrealistic

Overal an obvious beta, but still with huge potential.

Monk.

Upvote 0
I played the demo for a few minutes and it is impressive, but as many said needs some work. But then again this is a alpha demo so that is why lot of the things, like control maping is missing.

But one can figure out the controls in a little time. But one thing that bothers me too, is opening the hatch and being able to peer out with binocoulors. Would be nice, I found myself the firs few times trying to use RO controls. lol

Can't wait for an updated demo with key mapping.

Upvote 0
Yeah, whats the point of opening the hatch really? This is a very interesting game, I love watching the soldiers run around...and then blowing them up with HE!

edit: demo is a bit boring, lack of tanks to shoot in the day mission, the tanks that are there are fubar by your friends. The night mission....I havn't got far, my ai driver is retarded, at one part he just stopped caring, I think he took a nap (we wern't hit), once in a while we would go for like 3 feet and he would stop. Just this last time we were going through a field and I was in 3rd person checking the scene and saw a tracer fly over us and I ordered him to turn so we could angle the tank...well he decided to keep going forward even though I was smashing 3, then BAM the next round cut through us like a hot knife through butter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
shorter ones appear to be AT seeing as how there are a lot of them. The long grey ones appear to be smoke although it doesn't last very long but the smoke from the explosion lasts much longer than the other two shells. The other shell is probably HE because there are fewer of them but the explosion seems about the same size as the supposed AT shell, but I've noticed I can kill running nazi's a little easier with the possible HE one.

Upvote 0