• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

King Tiger/Ferdinand/Elefants/Panthers (Merged)

• Total voters
Well, if we are speaking about ostfront, russian campaing, it hasnt too much sense to see Panzer I or II..they were obsolet, but perhaps some light tanks could insert into big citi scenarios...an idea only

If elefant would be designed for RO, a Russian equivalent could be the ISU-152 or ISU-76.
war_soviet_ISU_152_polska_1945.jpg

Upvote 0
It would be interesting to see some PzI's and II's, and 38(t)'s out there against BT-series tanks and such- remember, even the Tiger ace Otto Carius went into Russia in a 38(t) in the beginning!

I would also like to see some of the armored cars in action as well--

A-freakin'-men.

You guys can keep your big tanks with big guns. Gimme somethin' small! I want to drive a T-26 up against a Pz38(t). I want both the Pzb-35 and PTRD to be useful. I want us to have to adapt to different tank doctrines and see real differences in design which necessesitate different tactics.

King Tiger? Ferdinand/Elephant? SU-122? Pz-IVJ-with-the-gold-trim-paintjob-and-modified-muffler-but-which-is-basically-no-different-from-the-other-crap-we-already-have? All more of the same and a waste of time unless someone wants to do a custom model.

But if TWI is gonna be spending its time making any new vehicles, please Lord, let it be early-war stuff.

Upvote 0
anayone got a piccie of the jagtigers shell plz?!!/quote]Colt, I'll see what I can get for you. I know where there were posts of 2 shells, apparently a PzGr39 and PzGr40/43, but theyaren't up anymore.
Actual AP shells for the Flak/PaK 44 are incredibly rare. Although someone might be producing knock-offs.:mad:

If elefant would be designed for RO, a Russian equivalent could be the ISU-152 or ISU-76.
ISU-76 ??? Do you mean the SU-76???:confused:
The ML20 L/28 fitted on the ISU-152 was a medium/low velocity artillery piece and can't be compared to the very high velocity 88mm KwK43 L/71. The Russians had problems trying to manufacture large calibre, high velocity guns; they ran into severe problems with wear and heat dissipation.

Upvote 0
Meh, more early war tanks first, oh and a decent SPG for the Ruskies like the SU-85 or SU-122, especially for the kursk era I believe the 122's were used a lot. A KV-1E would be nice too.

I don't get people asking for all this rare ****, especially the Tiger II of which barely any saw combat and even then any firepower superiority they had was nullified by their ****house speed, extremely short range, limited terrain handling and the fact that they mostly broke down.

In fact I don't even see why the Tiger II is regarded as such a 'golden boy' tank by so many people, fire power and thick armour are important factors for sure, but so are things like range and reliability. I guess the Tiger II is for people who want to drool over somethings specs rather than contemplate how you'd use such a slow, ungainly and maintenance heavy beast in a mobile war.

Upvote 0
Blah blah blah on the stats. Anyone can read a stat sheet. It's the battlefield reports that matter to me. If the Tiger II was hard to get TO the battlefield, it's not as hot a tank as folks make it out to be. If the Tiger II was a pain to keep in good running order, it's not as great as people think. If the Tiger II had a tendency to have X, Y, or Z fail on it either before reaching the battlefield or during combat, you get the idea.

I don't know the answers to these questions, and I honestly don't care. That's because I think the Tiger II and pretty much most late-war tank additions are a friggin' waste of time and add nothing to the gameplay experience. A Stug with a machinegun, yet another minutely different German variant of tank X, a T-34/76 with a hexagonal turret, etc. It's all just more of the same, and even if there were functional differences during the war, likely the PLAYERS won't notice any real performance differences. When I first drove a Pz IV(h) I thought "Cool!" When I used it in combat the first time, I though "Oh, I guess it's pretty much the same thing."

Early war. That's what I want to see if anything gets added. T-26, BT-5, BT-7, Pz38(t), early-war model Pz III and IV tanks, etc. Tanks that require a drastically different mindset and approach to tactics than simply "Drive somewhere, park, and shoot at stuff."

Upvote 0
I don't see what started the myth of later-war German armour being "crap". It was still highly superior to most armour Russian or western allied tanks used. The myth that the armour all of a sudden became crap was just a propaganda feat started by the allies and continued after the war. No, a Tiger II didn't desintegrate the second you shot your Garand at it. It was still a beast and on a one-on-one engagement you wouldn't want to be on the receiving end. Logistics made it impossible for this thirsty beast to keep up with other, more "down-to-earth" tanks, and that was ultimately its achilles heel. It was too far ahead of its time.

What's funny is that a lot of people think the Tigers were pieces of **** that couldn't go anywhere due to their problems. What's even funnier is that a higher percentage of Tiger tanks were working better than when compared to the other tanks of the war, Panthers and IVs if I recall correctly. I don't see anyone else crying for those tanks to have more mechanicaly problems than the Tigers, which they did during the war. laff.

Upvote 0