• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad RO Tactical Realism Community

okay i played a realism game today with 2m. 5min respawn time. This totally changed the game. Gun and running was bad. Rifles are more usefull at theire range, mg's are more usefull at medieum range snipers are more usefull. Smg's are more usefull. Just drastically lowering the respawn time kills about all unrealistic things like run and gunning and nade spam.

Upvote 0
Amsel my guess would be that there was no admin on the server ( we do not monitor our server 24 X 7 as with most servers also ). Did you think about getting the run'n gunners names ( Tag's ) and report them to the guy's at IcM ? It would seem to me to be the professional thing to do if one is so concerned about the problem and I'm sure the gents at IcM would appreciate the heads up so they could monitor the reported players.

Upvote 0
i been on ICM server and i constantly get RnGed and nothing happens....
We have at least 4 admins one of whom at least is normally on there. I have to say I have not seen you on the server at all, though I'm not on there ALL the time. I spoke with Wolfhound our pet RO addict who is seldom OFF our server and he hasn't seen you either. Were you playing with a different tag/name?
Did you say anything at the time?
Did you mention it on our forum?
Did you do ANYTHING to bring it to the attention of a member of =IcM=?
Bearing in mind it presumably wasn't during a match it may have been on an 'open' night, but either way unless you brought it to the attention of an admin or member of =IcM= you are making it difficult to get a resolution on it.

Upvote 0
2 things, firstly as has been touched on before when peeps have visited these forums about problems on servers: This is NOT the correct place to complain. People may (wrongly I'm sure) get the idea that you're trying to smear the clan in question. I'm sure thats NOT what you were trying to do. The correct place (as has been mentioned...oh a few times) would be our clan forum at www.icm-clan.com.
Secondly and more seriously, I have been asking on our Vent channel about your complaint with the guys here and no-one can remember it. If you could tell me who WAS on the server when it happened I can pin them down and get to the bottom of it. I hope this proves sufficient to get to the bottom of it.

Upvote 0
my post was actually in response to adlers where he run and gunned on the fjg server. I was certianly not trying to put your unit in a bad light. The point im trying to make is that you 'tac rlm units' are against RnG yet you dont seem to enforce it on your servers. I certianly remember 1 occasion when about 5 of you were playing bout 1 month ago. i might add it wasnt you guys RnGing its just you didnt seem to be doing much to stop others from doing it. I do respect the 8GA and fjg although i do not agree with everything that has happened recently in regard to these forums etc...

p.s adler if you are in the 503. y are you RnGing on realism servers?

Upvote 0
my post was actually in response to adlers where he run and gunned on the fjg server. I was certianly not trying to put your unit in a bad light. The point im trying to make is that you 'tac rlm units' are against RnG yet you dont seem to enforce it on your servers. I certianly remember 1 occasion when about 5 of you were playing bout 1 month ago. i might add it wasnt you guys RnGing its just you didnt seem to be doing much to stop others from doing it. I do respect the 8GA and fjg although i do not agree with everything that has happened recently in regard to these forums etc...

p.s adler if you are in the 503. y are you RnGing on realism servers?

If it was in response to him, then take it up with him mate. I fail to see how using the argument that 'someone' RnG'd you on our server gets a point over to someone who isn't even IN our clan..:D see what I mean?.
Again you have failed to provide specifics, though I have offered to try to sort it for you. Might I suggest that if you wish to continue this and provide me with detail, then PM me and I will sort it. Further posts in here will be seen by those more cynical than I as 'having a pop' which I'm sure you don't want to do. If this is unacceptable pass the details onto the CO of 5th SS and we'll take it from there.

Upvote 0
Amsel, I had run and gunned because I was in moderately close quarters combat around a building where i was disadvantaged with my K98 vs. russian PPSH's. However, on a few occasions, I did make hipshots from distances greater than 50-60 meters. In response to this thread and movement in general, if how you play is exactly the same as us, why do you need your own thread? Just merge the two, and list tactical and historical. To be honest anyone can play this "tactical realism" and be considered a group. If you're a real realism unit, you'd have no trouble giving up the world of the clans for the world of the historical groups.

Judgemental i had supported your movement to become listed in the group of units. In the fact that i was able to run and gun on their server effectively at certain times and I am a tanker, not an infantryman makes me a little nervous.

Really you're overreacting to a bunch of fools who DO think they are better than your average joe (rather than your average realism gamer in state of mind who really doesn't care). I'd beg you to reconsider, because this seems slightly insane.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay gents......few home truths wouldn't go astray here.

If any of the FjG admins are on things are usually kept civil.

This I'm sure is the case with most servers and admins.

Ppl have been both kicked and banned from our server for tking and run and gun .

Amsel if you have any grievances about getting run and gunned on any server whilst admins or members are absent (even while present members do not pick up on everything unless they have attention drawn to it)please do the following.

Take a note of the offender and report it via the clans forums.

This thread is here for developing a community.......it's not a complaint box.

Whether you agree or not with any of the TR setup Amsel is your opinion, this thread is as stated before in the interest of furthering the development of TR.

Upvote 0
sorry i didnt mean i was responding to him, i was adding that i have been on your server and when i have been RnGed and inform the the 8GA members present nothing is done. Tactical realism only works on servers where players are warned and kicked if they FAIL to play by the rules.
And you have so far singularly failed to give me any details. I also pointed out it may well have been an 'open night' Did we have any RnG warnings up on the night the offence took place?
"About a month ago" and no names included. You didn't say what name you came on with.I really fail to see what you are driving at. Details, without that I can't do anything. I've already asked you to continue this via PM, you seem to prefer doing it on a 3rd party forum. I'll be honest at this point all you're doing is upping your post count, and (seemingly) trying to deflect a thread. Please correct me if wrong.

Upvote 0
As has been pointed out above, IcM play both flavours of RO, as such it would be pointless to ban run n gun.

I play most nights (no life you see) and I dont recall anyone ever raising an issue regarding run n gun.

Even if they did, its very unlikely the perp would be kicked from an open public game, simply because rng is part of the game 9blame the devs, they did it).

We do not run the server on public nights on a realism basis because we do not believe that people would appreciate sitting looking at a black screen for any length of time.

I trust this clears things up:cool:

Upvote 0
In response to this thread and movement in general, if how you play is exactly the same as us, why do you need your own thread? Just merge the two, and list tactical and historical. To be honest anyone can play this "tactical realism" and be considered a group. If you're a real realism unit, you'd have no trouble giving up the world of the clans for the world of the historical groups.

mmm all this started when I asked for IcM to be listed on the realism clans thread, this was refused, the rest, as they say, is history :cool:

Also flogged to death above is the reason we wont lose the clan tag, as is the reason we dont want to role play :cool:

Upvote 0
1.I dont remember the name of everybody who has ever RnGed me.
2.You guys seem keen on setting up a tactical realism council to discuss standard rules on servers. Yet you dont seem to keep the standards you want to implement.

You dont run realism during mon-fri yet you claim to be a TR unit. This can only be confusing for pubs. why not just do 1 or the other....

Ende, danke

Upvote 0
1.I dont remember the name of everybody who has ever RnGed me.
2.You guys seem keen on setting up a tactical realism council to discuss standard rules on servers. Yet you dont seem to keep the standards you want to implement.

You dont run realism during mon-fri yet you claim to be a TR unit. This can only be confusing for pubs. why not just do 1 or the other....

Ende, danke

To discuss yes. To play tactical realism yes. In order to get people into tactical realism (or indeed ANY form of realism) you first need to get them into RO as a clan game. THAT is why we have 'open' nights.
I'll discuss this further with your CO as I have now registered on your forum too. I will however do it via PM as I wouldn't want to deflect any thread there with comments that could be described tangental,random or flames. That would after all just be rude.

Ja, alles fertig!

Upvote 0