• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapons Discussion (Merged)

A lot of these weapons sound interesting, but what about historical info, like how many were made, what years they were used, etc, etc. . .

Also, I'm just going to let you know that the FG-42 has been discussed before. . . a lot. . . like a topic you might find more than 30 threads about if you use the search button.

But you should look up some info on many of those other weapons you listed, and providing the link that that info would be helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, and rocket packs and sharks with laser beams on their heads to go with the FG42.

Honestly though, FG42 was not used on the EF AFAIK. At least it has not been proven. Hell, even on the WF it was quite rare. And even if it was proven to be used on the EF, it would have still have been in such a small number that does not warrant putting it into the game IMHO.

This has been beat to death already several times here. There are tons of other weapons that need to be in the game that actually DID serve on the EF in prolific numbers but are yet to be included.

The SVT38 I agree on for example but the Fin stuff does not belong in the game because this game is not based on the Fin Winter War. Totally different conflict.

Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
add vodka use for temporary god mode

I think Moltov Cocktails should be added. I know the Russians used them in great number during WWII because they were cheap and easy to make. I was thinking that they could be a substitute for gernades or it could be another weapon for the anti-tank team.

Having guys running around on fire should be fun to watch. :D
Tim

Upvote 0
Hmmm...if you can model a Molotov, you can model a Flammenwerfer...wait- that's another thread, too!

I think Moltov Cocktails should be added. I know the Russians used them in great number during WWII because they were cheap and easy to make. I was thinking that they could be a substitute for gernades or it could be another weapon for the anti-tank team.

Having guys running around on fire should be fun to watch. :D
Tim

Upvote 0
Oh God, please not another "we need the FG 42" thread. The thing was rarer than hen's teeth and only used by paratroops. Not used at all on the eastern front AFAIK. Certainly never used anywhere in any numbers.
And please don't trot out the old "MP 41 is in the game, that was rare" arguement. MP 41 is really no different than MP 40 except for looks.

Upvote 0