• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO-Lazur movie

that's some sweet music on there :) to bad its bots though, but i liked the clips

They aint bots you choob!!(second thought those names look a bit generic) It was a full manned server (i think :rolleyes:)

The names dont look like bots but then again i dont play this too often.

Appreciate the feedback m8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Excellent video. Nice editing, good music choice and a very nice selection of scenes. :>

I personally hate videos with generic rock/metal music in the background and people just showing how they frag. This one catches the intense battles RO can have pretty good.

I'm looking forward to more videos :) Maybe you could use the RO soundtrack, fits very well too (obviously ;) ).

Upvote 0
Yes Athena, even though they are bots it still represents what RO is about, i added the MG resupply thing purposely - i have shown this vid to a few clan members and friends and some of them are buying it :)

Hmm yea Reznor maybe the RO theme is generic, i tend to be different with my videos - thanks for the feedback though !

Thanks fellas

Upvote 0
What programm did you use for recording and what are your computers specs? I while ago I tried recording, but when recording it was impossible to play properly duo constant low fps :(

Tried fraps as well as gamecam, but both didnt go that well... although my comp should be fast enough I think.

use fraps, and you need to make sure you set the FPS limit in fraps to its maximum (60fps) if you want a smooth video...

What did you compress it in thorpy?

Upvote 0
My graphic settings are all on high with 1440x900 as res.

Yes i use fraps, i have a loss of about 5 fps when recording.

Meh, I'd really love a movie myself... I watch awesome moments pretty often. From multiple-people-bayo-fights, devastating ambushes or just a stray of luck & skill... where I once manage to fight 3 germans at once at open field... just with my bolt rifle at close range. One Mp40, one bolt and one semi-auto. It was a deadly mix, but after just dodge-shoot-stab-bolt'n'shoot-action I was the only surviver \o/

Man, if I had that on video :(

How do you keep those fps? I'm happy if I got 30 indoors while recording D:
Could you post your exact specs, fraps settings and maybe anything else of interest?
Heard it has to do with the hardware, some graphic cards are better at it etc.

Upvote 0
AMD X2 4400+
320GB SATA II HD
2GB DDR400 RAM
GeForce 7900GT

I'll lose 5-10fps while playing, but to conserve disk space, I set FRAPS to 30fps and it will hold rock-solid there. There is a noticable delay when I first start recording, but that's likely because I'm reading and writing (writing big files, mind you!) to the system hard drive. I'm going to purchase an additional drive that I can dedicate to video editing to aleviate that bottleneck. (500GB SATAII drives only $150)

I'm sure the dual core really helps, since RO only uses one anyway. I remember trying to record on an AMD XP series, and it was ridiculously slow...

I then use an open-source program called VirtualDub to re-encode the videos using a codec that my video editor actually understands. The codec also strips a few MB off the file size, but I leave most of the file size reduction for the video editor to handle. I wasn't able to find a very good, free, lossless codec that didn't swell my file sizes four-fold...

Last edited:
Upvote 0