• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Is Awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihateRO

Jan 6, 2007
Somehow the game developers of this game got realism and poor gameplay confused. Truly awful game.

Things that make this game a pile of ****:

-Unbounded view distances
-Picking up items is unbearably retarded
-Why the **** aren't spawn locations marked on the map?
-Horrific clipping issues. Nothing is more fun than getting killed by a guy whose machine gun is embedded in the rocks. Couple this with the unbounded view distances and you've just created the most frusterating experience ever.
-Worthless singleshot rifle.

As much as I like the other aspects of the game, these issues just completely kill the game.

Well knowing the locations of the spawns let you know where they will come from. All players eventually learn this after playing the map enough times, but for the custom maps, its just a pain in the ass to get nailed by someone spawning where you didn't expect them to spawn. Same goes for minefields.

Upvote 0
You just discredited yourself there, if my machine didn't grind to a halt when I enable it I'd fraps myself assaulting and smashing Germans on Odessa with a worthless single shot M44 carbine :rolleyes:

In fact I question your logic, the single shot rifles in RO which are very accurate and kill an enemy dead with one shot to the torso anywhere are inferiror to what? The same single shot rifles in COD that can take two torso shots to kill someone? Please....

Upvote 0
you had a bunch of stuff right until you said worthless single shot rifle .. you see with that rifle you call worthless you could put a bullet straight through the head of that machinegunner. also dont forget that flanking really works, running straight at the same guy wont help because his teamates will resupply him ammo so trying to drain his ammo wont work. so if one tactic dosent work, try another!

Upvote 0
If he doesn't like it - he just doesn't like it. The reasons described here sounds very hilarious though, but really, what's the point starting to complain about personal "problems" you hate about RO here in public? Especially the way you are doing it, most people are really laughing their arses off.

If it would have been written properly (and very well also), then people would actually try to talk more constructive than just laugh for these weird whinings.

Upvote 0
ihateRO you have a point with the pick up system (which got retarded with some patch ago) and sometime also the clipping can make problems, but

- single shot rifles are NOT whortless! They are the best class in RO, the only problem is that you need some time to master it! For a newbie are whortless. This is why all newbies are looking for SMG and sn1pa r1fla.

- "why nobody is playing the game" : I don't know how you got to this conclusion... really. check the stats. RO is in the top 20 mp games as number of online players.

- minefields are only to protect you from going out of the map or when you try to enter the enemy spawn location . No need to be marked :).

- play the game for another 2-3 months to *start* to understand it and then reread this post.

- have phun

Upvote 0
-Unbounded view distances
This is somehow a bad thing? that the viewing distance is very, very long? (its not actually infinite)
-Picking up items is unbearably retarded
You are right here, I think they are working on this too.
-Why the **** aren't spawn locations marked on the map?
This is one of those things where "realism" may be going too far in RO, people do learn the maps, and its actually more unrealistic that some know where the spawn is and some dont, so valid point here, but it doesnt ruin the game IMO.
-Horrific clipping issues. Nothing is more fun than getting killed by a guy whose machine gun is embedded in the rocks. Couple this with the unbounded view distances and you've just created the most frusterating experience ever..
Not quite sure what you mean here, that the 3rd person gun sometimes clips a little into sandbags etc?(like on the loading screen with the konigsplatz shot(axis with MG)? I dont see this as any major problem, and how is it more frustrating with a long view distance? that they kill you from long distances?
There are, however some issues with "head sniping" ie, people sniping you while you can barely make out the top of their helmet, never really been an issue for me though.
No. I almost never select SMG's, when given the chance, apart from being much cooler, the bolt-action rifles are really powerful. look at the stats of good players, and you'll see 10 times the number of rifle kills vs smg etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.