• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I'm about to pull the trigger and download the German version, I can't stand it anymore, the demo makes me CRAVE the game.
Realistically Strother I'd wait and see how much the game has progressed when 505 release it in Feb. I purchased a German version and I am begginning to regret it, the game is far below what I expected it to be.

Upvote 0
I tried demo and didn't like it, ArmA really doesn't bring anything more in to Operation Flashpoint what FFUR and SLX mod aren't already adding. I hate new US uniform allterrain camo and graphics is slideshow until you lower graphics settings when it looks actually worse than OFP. I am probably buying it for next Christmas from bargain bin. Not paying full price for graphics update which is useless unless you have high end computer.

Upvote 0
well ArmA doesnt run great on my computer thats for sure, but im having a blast in the co-op mission.
just now, ive seen the first team to complete that mission and i finished it too :) up till now, previously all other teams got shot to hell by the AI :p

some guy actually managed to find an empty BRDM-2 and he took it, it helped greatly since most RPG soldiers were dead allready. eventually our platoon leader got shot, so i got command, i issued him over to me and he drove slowly across the road so i could walk behind him and search the bodies for RPG's. it was a blast :)

Upvote 0
Step 1: Buy the full-game which is better optimized than the demo.

Step 2: If the above runs poorly then update your computer. This will not only be useful for ArmA as we are in 2007 now and the "Next-Gen" games arecoming out.

Step 3: Be patient. Patches will be released. The ArmA devs are a very dedicated group of people.

And the world will keep on rotating on it's axis

Upvote 0
I tried demo and didn't like it, ArmA really doesn't bring anything more in to Operation Flashpoint what FFUR and SLX mod aren't already adding. I hate new US uniform allterrain camo and graphics is slideshow until you lower graphics settings when it looks actually worse than OFP.
I just tried the demo.......all I can say is WTF? I get about ONE fps average WITH EVERY SETTING TURNED ALL THE WAY DOWN!!! AT which point it looks worse than OFP yet simultaneously gets 1000% worse framerates! The visuals don't justify the insanely low performance unless there's some UBER AI routines eating up my entire CPU which I highly highly doubt. Optimization....it's not just for breakfast anymore! Why is it I could play OFP on higher settings with my current PC and it looks great AND runs smooth yet Armed Assault doesn't? No ArmA for me.

Upvote 0
Step 1: Buy the full-game which is better optimized than the demo.

Step 2: If the above runs poorly then update your computer. This will not only be useful for ArmA as we are in 2007 now and the "Next-Gen" games arecoming out.

Step 3: Be patient. Patches will be released. The ArmA devs are a very dedicated group of people.

And the world will keep on rotating on it's axis

this should be stickied in every forum, sub forum, sub-sub forum, and subterraniean forum from here to Mars... amen brutha

Upvote 0
this should be stickied in every forum, sub forum, sub-sub forum, and subterraniean forum from here to Mars... amen brutha
Unless the full game runs 20 times better than the demo I think I'll pass. Not everyone can or wants to buy totally new PC's for something that seemingly shouldn't run so poor in the first place. OFP was one of my all time favorites no doubt but this is just ridiculous IMO. I see no drastic changes to animations, player movement, model/level detail that justifies such horrible performance.

Upvote 0
Unless the full game runs 20 times better than the demo I think I'll pass. Not everyone can or wants to buy totally new PC's for something that seemingly shouldn't run so poor in the first place. OFP was one of my all time favorites no doubt but this is just ridiculous IMO. I see no drastic changes to animations, player movement, model/level detail that justifies such horrible performance.

welcome to Armed disappointment

Upvote 0

I guess one of the main problems with this engine are trees, becouse they added individual leaves in trees which makes polycount huge. Just making it bit more better looking. There are even butterflies!? I haven't seen butterflies in any other tactical shooter, are they really necessary?

Upvote 0