• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PVK II Released!

I'm a bit disappointed they have only one class per team. Hopefully they don't release more until all of them are implemented in one version.

Besides that, it is a great update of an old classic mod and will be even greater when everything's done. :D

They are going to release a new beta for every batch of classes. Next update will include archer, axe-throwing viking, and pirate captain.

Upvote 0
I think the only time the lack of ranged for vikings stands out is on the tower map...vikings just have to sit up in the tower and await the keg toss from the pirates ><

Also...does anyone else have trouble winning that island map as anything but knights? It just seems impossible to get any chests out vs. mass heavy knights and when you do grab a chest a viking or pirate comes up behind you and cuts you down, then dies to a knight himself.

Even keg spam doesn't seem to work well for me here :p

Upvote 0
I think the only time the lack of ranged for vikings stands out is on the tower map...vikings just have to sit up in the tower and await the keg toss from the pirates ><

Also...does anyone else have trouble winning that island map as anything but knights? It just seems impossible to get any chests out vs. mass heavy knights and when you do grab a chest a viking or pirate comes up behind you and cuts you down, then dies to a knight himself.

Even keg spam doesn't seem to work well for me here :p
I managed to get 2 chests into the ship(vikings), i just took it and hurried into the canal thing and then somehow made it to the base tho i had to drop the chests twice and kill two knights.

Upvote 0
Island is fun as knights. The key to the map for any side is teamwork. If the knights stay near the door and the chests and don't go running off they can hold on for a LONG time. But I noticed if the Vikings or Pirates rush with their team they can do well, or if the vikings and pirates dont attack each other at the castle they do fine.

I personally like the chest tag matches. The one with the castle is cool, the vikings kept getting the chest and the bastards would go back to their spawn and climb up trees like monkeys!

Upvote 0
Wow this is probably the best mod out there for HL2 now. Totally exceeded my expectations. Graphics are top notch, and the gameplay is extremely fun. Lag isn't nearly as bad as other HL2 mods, which is saying something. Thankfully I haven't witnessed any bugs, although it seems like it might need some balance adjustments.

Upvote 0