• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fairly New

Jay_Crack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 4, 2007
Yo, what's good?

I'm fairly new to the game, actually I just bought it this morning. So far I'm completely idiot to the game, Lol. I have no complaints so far, very clean cut and realistic. Heh, once I learn the controls I'm sure I'll be good to go. I've downloaded a few manuals from the site- hopefully they will help.

**Hmm, is this the right section to be posting this?**

NO !

You're supposed to post this in the Introduce yourself thread !!!!

SHOOT THIS MAN !!!!

But I am guessing its alright, most people create their own thread and it ends up having 4 pages of "HEY" and "WELCOME"

With some tips here and there.

So, Welcome to RO
It might look a little hard and confusing at first, but once you get thru the learning curve, once you know what to do... It is the best and funnest game ever.

General Advice.

Use

Rifleman
SMG
Semi

Do not use
MG
Sniper
Specially not Commander

As long as you do not know the map like the back of you're hand
Those positions are critical and will harm the team if the person using it does not know what to do.

Important tips
Always check out the objective/map (Default is O)
Get IN THE CAP ZONE at all time

10 points if you helped capture an objective.

Also, the cap zone is where the war is located...

In the bottom of the screen, is an indication of if you are in the capzone, if you're capping and an estimate ratio of who is in the zone.

I suggest staying alive and low while capping, once capped, move out and seek the ennemy in the zone to clear it.
If you kill, they spawn further away considering you capped the zone
If you get killed, or you respawn and go back to that zone to clear, or move up to the next cap zone.

Also

Try Danzig

Its the funnest map

Upvote 0
NO !

You're supposed to post this in the Introduce yourself thread !!!!

SHOOT THIS MAN !!!!

But I am guessing its alright, most people create their own thread and it ends up having 4 pages of "HEY" and "WELCOME"

With some tips here and there.

So, Welcome to RO
It might look a little hard and confusing at first, but once you get thru the learning curve, once you know what to do... It is the best and funnest game ever.

General Advice.

Use

Rifleman
SMG
Semi

Do not use
MG
Sniper
Specially not Commander

As long as you do not know the map like the back of you're hand
Those positions are critical and will harm the team if the person using it does not know what to do.

Important tips
Always check out the objective/map (Default is O)
Get IN THE CAP ZONE at all time

10 points if you helped capture an objective.

Also, the cap zone is where the war is located...

In the bottom of the screen, is an indication of if you are in the capzone, if you're capping and an estimate ratio of who is in the zone.

I suggest staying alive and low while capping, once capped, move out and seek the ennemy in the zone to clear it.
If you kill, they spawn further away considering you capped the zone
If you get killed, or you respawn and go back to that zone to clear, or move up to the next cap zone.

Also

Try Danzig

Its the funnest map

I appreciate that.. *Opens a worddoc to save all of this* -- Thanks. :D

Upvote 0
A few extra tips:

Move slow. Move as slow as you are comfortable with and be sure you scan the surroundings, look around the corner, etc. before you charge out to another cover. There is nothing more frustrating than having sneaked so far, then gotten careless and getting killed by a lone ranger who just happens to sit on the other side of the wall.

Aim carefully. Take your time and follow your target, perhaps a few centimeters ahead, depending on distance. Just take your time and don't rush, that carefully planted bullet can mean life and death and while he shoots 5 bullets against you and doesn't hit, your 1 bullet will hit perfectly.

Save your grenades! You will find moments where you sit and think "Why did I throw them around earlier?" - usually when you are pinned down in a small room or such.

Don't underesstimate going prone. It steadies your aim, makes you a smaller target and you can sometimes avoid the grenades by hiding prone somewhere.

Generally take your time. On tank maps, a lot of people will scream if the tank driver don't do what they want them to do. Just ignore them, since you got to the tank first (yoink!) and do it at your pace.

All in all, have loads of fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0