• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Planning to buy a new joystick

yah, or that, but he said he couldent find the adapter, so a cheap isa or pci soundcard could solve that .. if anyone still has isa slots in their computers...
I see.
Well, he could buy a new one, might be cheaper still.
Unless he still has a SC lying around.
Then again, using two SCs might bring some compatibility problems along, but so could the adaptor.

Oh well, whichever works for you.
Or just buy a new USB joystick :D

Upvote 0
- Saitek X52 Flight-Control-System
- costs: 100-140 euros/dollars
- very nice design/look
- precise and easy to use/program
- good software with profile-possibility
- ergonomic!
- throttle!!!

i love this "stick" :)
it is like i am in a real airfight when i am playing IL-2.
my girlfriend was waiting 5 minutes in the coldness because i had to turn and do another attack-maneuver.

awesome game - awesome joystick

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm

Upvote 0
- Saitek X52 Flight-Control-System
- costs: 100-140 euros/dollars
- very nice design/look
- precise and easy to use/program
- good software with profile-possibility
- ergonomic!
- throttle!!!

Aye... I had one of those. I treated it good, but I still used it for only four months before it developed severe electronics problems. I could have sent it in on warranty, but I wasn't satisfied with the crash-happy software anyway so I bought a Cougar to replace it.

Upvote 0
I have a saitek cyborg gold, cheap, quite accuarate with a nice feel. Good for lefties as well. I wanna check out a T/master Fox2 if i can pick one up cheap- looks rugged and very cool- anyone use one?
About that game port adapter- some mobos accept a gameport straight onto it's pins via a ribbon, and you can mount in a vacant rear case slot where PCI cards sit.
Then again boards may have stopped doing this- i use socket a

Upvote 0
my girlfriend was waiting 5 minutes in the coldness because i had to turn and do another attack-maneuver.

Don't let her wait or you will be soon left alone with your stick :D

I use Saitek X36 for flying, Saitek P2500 for walking/running, Logitech MOMO FFB Wheel for driving. Saitek is the best, though I haven't ever used more expensive flight controllers like CH, but I like Saitek's design better.

Upvote 0
I'm considering going out and getting a cyborg evo right now thats on sale for 39 (down from 60) but i need to call a place downtown to hold it (limited availablity) plus figure out if I can work it into my budget.

edit: bought it, testing it out now

Last edited:
Upvote 0