• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art New Soviet Poster Scans

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
In case any of you are getting tired of the routine posters that you find on maps here are some I bought the other day and scanned in. The posters are big so it will take me a while to get them into the scanner and stitched properly.

Here are the first two - the Lenin one is pre-war (I think) with Stalin quotes on it and the other is the kind of thing you would find in factory towns during the war.

vysheznamya_1.jpg

vsedlya_1.jpg

More to follow when I get them scanned - including a really nice PTRD one :)

Samed is facing death so that Semion wouldn't be killed
Semion is sacrifising his life for Samed's life...
Their password is "Motherland" and their slogan is "Victory"!

It makes sense and sounds good in Russian, but not in any other language (when I'm the translator :))

Ooops, sorry, Mahno, I haven't seen your post when I was writing this..

You did a better job than I, mate :) Russian reflexive pronouns are a nightmare for me ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are a couple more. The first is about fulfilment of the five-year plan and looks to be early- to mid-thirties, certainly from a time when photo-montages were a bit 'hit-and-miss' to say the least :). The second is presumably from about the time of the general conscription at the end of 1941 as it features quite a few old gimmers. It says, "Our task is righteous, victory will go to us" (or you could read it as, "Our cause is just...")

k_kontsu_1.jpg

nashedelo_1.jpg

Upvote 0