• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spawning - WTF???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK this has bugged me for long enough. Why TF is it really necessary to spawn facing a wall or facing into a bathroom? I mean WTF is that all about? How much more difficult would it be, to just respawn facing the exit of the room / building??? How annoying is it to respawn holding down your "run" key, only to find you're running into a fcukin bath?!?"

Why would you even think of coding that into a game?

"Oh I know. Let's make player x, y and z all spawn looking into a bedroom"

FFS guys. Surely you could change this?

***rant over***

Why TF is it really necessary to spawn facing into a bathroom?
Spawning in front of a crapper if the next minute you're supposed to get out and have your brains splattered on the street from an MG bullet makes sense to me.

That perspective could easily give you a sudden diarrhea or make you want to puke, so there goes the answer.

;)

Upvote 0
lols i could only imagine..

"yah i liked ro but i had to leave the game due to some gameplay bugs"
"what gameplaybugs ?"
"well every time i spawned i was like facing a room or a bathroom or something"
"annndd your point is?"
"well i was to F^*&* lazy to turn round, so i kept on running into the bathroom, and my wrist hurt so much from turning around i had to leave the game"
"umm ok there....."

Upvote 0
Ummm that's why I stay away from infantry maps- not too many bathrooms on Orel or BDJ! No sireee, no bathroom for me- just give me a tree or a bush and let me know which way the wind is blowing...

But really, with all the other perceived problems noted in this forum, couldn't you have picked something a little less...odd...to complain about?

You DO have a point, though, in a way- I'm sure there ARE some RO players who have a phobia about waking up staring into a dirty bathroom; it is really evryone's responsibility to eliminate this added source of stress on those individuals. I suggest posting a player in the spawn area and every time a person's death notice comes up, that player blocks the line of sight into said bathroom. After all, it's for the good if the team's mental well being, right?

(Hint: LOADS of sarcasm...everybody has their pet peeves. I keep mine in the back yard.)

Upvote 0
what map tbh?

This mostly happens on Odessa, as Allies after capping Square and Apts. The next spawn point has Allies spawning in rooms, facing walls and upstairs in bathrooms. It's not "where" you spawn that gets me... it's the fact that you spawn facing a wall when the exit is behind you, to your left.

I don't know about others but when I am about to spawn, I hold down the sprint key so I can get back into the action asap. However, when you happen to spawn looking into a room, you end up running straight into a wall.

How much more difficult would it be to simply make everyone spawn facing a room exit?

If you're gonna post some nonsense comment like some of those above, please don't. You could do us all a favour by taking your face for a sh1te in one of the aforementioned bathrooms.

Upvote 0
Spawning in front of a crapper if the next minute you're supposed to get out and have your brains splattered on the street from an MG bullet makes sense to me.

That perspective could easily give you a sudden diarrhea or make you want to puke, so there goes the answer.

;)

Well, if you are spawning in front of the crapper on Odessa, you probably don't want to use it....it's already full of a bunch of turd logs. Apparently the last few guys all forgot to flush :(

Other than that, kind of a small and useless thing to worry about, spawning in a room facing the way you don't really want to face.

In fact, I think it's helpful having players spawn facing different directions. With multiple guys all spawning in a room at once, if they all faced the door, they'd all run at it together and just get jammed up, stuck at the door and it would take even longer to get out.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.