• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Critical Error Problem

I recieved a new Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS video card and a new Creative SB Audigy 4 (WDM) sound card for christmas.

I installed both without any issues and both are running fine with the latest drivers.

Yesterday RO was running fine and I even turned the graphics up a few notches. Today I try to get in to play some RO and it gives me this error with the little RO splash screen, before the game would normally start up.

Now I did solve the problem by removing the RedOrchestra.ini and User.ini files from my system folder, so that they could be regenerated when I start RO again. But now when I go to enter practice mode it crashes and gives me this error message.

~~~~~~~~~~

Bad name index -28/239. This error is probably due to either your computer overheating, or a corrupted installation of your game. If this error persists, please try re-installing your game.

~~~~~~~~~~

Now I'd rather not re-install RO, and I have NEVER had overheating problems, considering I just did cleaning and matenience when I put in my new video and sound card yesterday.

What exactly is the problem and what can I do about it.

If you need any more info, just ask and tell me where to find it.

Last edited:
Did you make that sig yourself? Hehe I kinda like it.

Thanks! I did make it myself, except for the drawing, I used that with permission from another artist, who also liked what I did with it. :D

But as for the screenshot of the tank and trees, the words, and the dirt and screen fuzz, I did all that.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0