• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Overlay animation problems

Lex

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 15, 2006
Ohio
When taking my vehicle animations into the editor they work fine until I add one of the Overlay animations. I'll put in driver_hatch_open and driver_hatch_close and all is well but when I put in Overlay_Out, Overlay_In, or Overlay_Idle the driver_hatch_open and driver_hatch_close get all distorted.
For the Overlay animations I have the body model and bones with the Camera_driver moving either in or out depending on which one I put in, is this wrong do I need to do something different for the Overlay animations? Why is it distorting my other animations? One time I tried it the Overlay animations were distorted. Do the animations have to be in a certain sequence?
This could be something easy that I am not seeing but I have tried for 3 days now and get the same results. I am using 3d max and I have looked for tutorials but have not found any.
Any help would be appreciated.

Lex