• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server What does the ~~~~~~:s mean?

FINNSS|Marder

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2006
Tampere, Finland
I tried to search forums but didn't find anything related to my question... So here it goes:

Lately there has been alot of players who play with nick like this: ~~~~~~~~. Its very hard to kick these players because their nick is really something like this: hfgrt=9 and their ID is sometimes missing. And they never change their nick even if we as admins ask to do so. Are they playing with pirated game or something like that? :confused:

No, we aren't working on multiple language support.

No, they aren't playing with pirated games.

Most likely answers: they are playing with PCs (like mine) enabled for other character sets (such as Russian/Cyrillic). The default key set to switch between languages is "Alt-Shift", which also happens to be dive to prone. People need to change the default. OR they may intentionally be typing in Cyrillic and YOUR PC can't cope with displaying it :)

Upvote 0
I tried to search forums but didn't find anything related to my question... So here it goes:

Lately there has been alot of players who play with nick like this: ~~~~~~~~. Its very hard to kick these players because their nick is really something like this: hfgrt=9 and their ID is sometimes missing. And they never change their nick even if we as admins ask to do so. Are they playing with pirated game or something like that? :confused:

Just use the kickvoting menu if you're logged in as an admin. Easy. ;)

Upvote 0