• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

The late war Kriegs model stock did away with the bayonet lug, cleaning rod hole, and bolt take down disk on the stock among other changes.

Yes the late war Mausers looked like that with the exception of the winter triger.

Seeing that he has a winter triger tells me that he most likely has one of the common post war made Czech K98k rifles that are on the market now.

The Czechs had a lot of left over Wehrmach marked parts and machine tools so they make a lot of post war K98s like that.

A real late war rifle would go for thousands I think.

The Yugoslavians also used a lot of left over K98 parts after the war IIRC.

Upvote 0
Oops, typo....yes I knew that was a 91/38....it was late, I had just got home from work. I got a 91/59 too:)
11366245.jpg

First year production 91/30 (no prefix)
19282786.jpg

Here are some uncommon ones:

Late dated M39
20788900.jpg

20788881.jpg

Finnish M28
17225260.jpg

17225220.jpg

Tikka 91/30 (round receiver, very unusual for Finns to use the round)
15778684.jpg

15778678.jpg

And yes I knew that M91 had a 91/30 bayonet. But it was a package deal, I got it all.....don't have a true one yet (with the tightening band).

Upvote 0
Seeing that he has a winter triger tells me that he most likely has one of the common post war made Czech K98k rifles that are on the market now.

The Czechs had a lot of left over Wehrmach marked parts and machine tools so they make a lot of post war K98s like that.

A real late war rifle would go for thousands I think.

The Yugoslavians also used a lot of left over K98 parts after the war IIRC.

It's not post-war. 1943 DOU.

Upvote 0
Doesn't look like a winter trigger to me. Looks like the standard K98 trigger guard.

You are right. I was looking at the wrong photo.

The photo from Zoring shows a Czech winter trigger.

The photo from Dr. Venkman shows a Russian Capture K98k in a late war stock. Note that his bolt parts and takedown lug are all blued in typical RC fashion.

One must remember that the RC rifles are mixed match parts so you could have get a 1938 rifle in a 1945 stock with a 1942 bolt etc.

For about $300 a pop for the RC K98s they are a bargain to say the least.
I have a RC DOT44 myself and love it. I have decided to leave the shellac on since taking it off detracts from it's history and value IMHO.

Now if the Russians were to start selling off their RC G43s I would be a happy camper.

Upvote 0
I've seen a few MP40's and Stg 44's for sale, hell even a FG42 once for $40,000 here in the US. They're around, just extremely expensive. I think you also need a couple of special permits and paperwork to get done in order to own a fully automatic weapon like those, but I know it's possible. Legally firing them is another story.

Upvote 0
i'm in the US there are MP40s and MP44s floating around... just a very limited supply

know what you are talking about before you flap your trap

Flap my trap huh?

Im not talking about existing Full Auto weapon resales. I am fully aware and familiar with the Class A firearm laws here.

Im talking about a new made Semi Only MP40 and MP44 that is being made in Germany RIGHT NOW!

Go here: http://www.cetmerifles.com/forum/vb/showthread.php?t=15964&highlight=mp44

and here:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools

Those CAN NOT be imported here to the U.S. because of a presidential decree from Bush Sr.

This has been brought up in this forum before and is similar as to why the Russians and Chinese no longer import military guns for the U.S. civilian market.

My whole point is that our President has too much power and politics are destroying our 2nd Amendment rights. I guess that went over your head though.

Now let's see if your man enough to apologize....:mad:

Upvote 0
well let's start with the fact that i was talking about MP40s and StG44s not semi-auto clones (which should be obvious by the price range i mentioned)

and the fact that you wait until NOW to mention you were talking about the semi-auto clones and at no point did you make it clear or even imply that is what you were talking about

Upvote 0
well let's start with the fact that i was talking about MP40s and StG44s not semi-auto clones (which should be obvious by the price range i mentioned)

and the fact that you wait until NOW to mention you were talking about the semi-auto clones and at no point did you make it clear or even imply that is what you were talking about

Who cares if you were talking about FA. FA weapons are out of reach of 99.99% of us working stiffs.

And there is NO "SUPPLY" of MP40s or MP44s in the U.S. Zero! None. The ones that are here simply change hands from time to time for more and more money.

And if you had taken the time to actually read what I posted you would have realized that I was talking about current firearm imports. My Bush Sr. comment should have been a big clue for you.

If you were really as gun savy as you think you are you would have put two and two together and figured it out. I am sorry if I was not specific enough for you.

And BTW if this is your idea of an apology...it sux.

Upvote 0