• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

High(er) Res is amazing

I don't get the point.. of playing on higher res.. whats importend with fps shooters is your fps.. you should be around 50 or above because if you go underneat 50 fps you eyes response on it.. Mostly of the games it running on its best at 125 fps. everything plays smooth.. your aim etc.. Who cares about high grapichs? when you don't hit a thing.. Start tuning down your grapichs and get a higher fps.. you'll hit more then ever before ;)

Upvote 0
I don't get the point.. of playing on higher res.. whats importend with fps shooters is your fps.. you should be around 50 or above because if you go underneat 50 fps you eyes response on it.. Mostly of the games it running on its best at 125 fps. everything plays smooth.. your aim etc.. Who cares about high grapichs? when you don't hit a thing.. Start tuning down your grapichs and get a higher fps.. you'll hit more then ever before ;)

When you play as a smg FPS are the most important and a smaller screen size so you can easilly see over the battlefield and react fast if something changes.

When you play as a rifleman ability to see enemies at long ranges is the most important after that comes the fps. And again in ro for 80% of the people playing on 1920x1200 and 800x600 gives the same framerate.

Upvote 0
1920x1200 doesnt give you the same frame rate as 800x600. and fps is more importend.. the resulation should be between 800x600 1280x1024 you don't need to go higher. and if you have difficultys seeing enemeys you should tweak your config.. for example put the world detail on low and your model detail on high.. now you will see models (players, cars, static objects) on high detail while the rest of your game is on low detail.. saves you lots of fps. and makes the enemy easier to see

Upvote 0
its not like most monitors have a refresh rate to keep up with 125fps...lol

and btw, 20.1" widescreen at 1680*1050 with a 6800xt:D

Upvote 0
1920x1200 doesnt give you the same frame rate as 800x600. and fps is more importend.. the resulation should be between 800x600 1280x1024 you don't need to go higher. and if you have difficultys seeing enemeys you should tweak your config.. for example put the world detail on low and your model detail on high.. now you will see models (players, cars, static objects) on high detail while the rest of your game is on low detail.. saves you lots of fps. and makes the enemy easier to see

I play this game to have fun, i don't like tweaking everything for a couple of fps so i can kill better...
1920x1200 does givbe the exact same framerate as 800x600 btw i can even add anistropic filtering and anti aleasing for free.

a 9700pro was already enough to play the game on 1920x1200... Ro eats cpu not graphiccards.

Upvote 0
Widescreen is the future.

1440x900 *drools*. I also get a larger field of vision than non widescreen users.

Widescreens are the future for games. Its alot more immersive when you actually have peripheral vision in games.

I tried playing RO on my wide screen laptop, but I get pretty bad performance issues despite it having much better hardware then my PC. Oddly enough its only RO, other games perform much better in comparison to my PC. And yes widescreen is amazing and I hope more games are optomized for it instead of just "stretching' the screen making everything distorted.

Upvote 0