• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
mmm this wasn't the case on first release tho was it? seem to remember the bridgeheads being very easy to cap by simply sitting behind the wall, with the germans self destructing if they tried to go past the big wall :cool:

Wouldn't that defeat the entire purpose of defending the first 2 objectives? I don't know if the original release was like that or not, but I do like the way it is now, those first 2 are sometimes the most difficult to cap if the germans are working well together.

Upvote 0
I think the map somewhat favors the defending side, but not enough that it's a complete turkey shoot. That, however, is the case in pretty much all attack/defense maps like this.

The two bridgeheads are realtively easy to capture, if the team moves fast. The real trick, however, is capturing both the Command HQ and the Market simultaneously. This requires that either both be attacked at once, or that one be focused on in force, and the other with a smaller group of troops. Whoever captures first must then hold the position long enough for the other capture group to cap. That's the real trick to me.

By contrast, if the Germans REALLY wanted to play tough, they could simply all fall back to ONE position, hold it, and win. That's the nature of attack/defense maps, though. You don't have to hold BOTH the HQ and the Tower on Odessa to win -- just one of them. The difference there, however, is that neither is recapturable. That's one of the other ways in which Danzig is unbalanced in terms of the map layout.

HOWEVER, something that people often forget about is REINFORCEMENTS. This is a major way that mappers can balance what SEEMS to be an unbalanced map. Assuming the clock timer is long enough, an option for the attacking team is to simply whittle down the defense quickly enough so that there's no one left to defend, then capture it (or just kill every defender). By balancing the reinforcements, a mapper can give the positioning advantage to one side, but the longevity advantage to the other, thereby keeping the map balanced.

In THIS way I think Danzig is actuallly prety well balanced. I've seen a few instances in which the Russians simply wore the Germans down and then stormed the remaining positions.

Upvote 0
I'll tell ya what I think allright, This maps unfair, balance the teams, etc.,etc. blah .blah,blah. Guess what junior?, life isn't fair.Sometimes things go your way and somtimes they don't and nobody likes a whinner, complainer whatever so you tuck those balls in soldier and get your funky ass in there and do your best!:cool: Take what your given and make the best of it.

Upvote 0
I'll tell ya what I think allright, This maps unfair, balance the teams, etc.,etc. blah .blah,blah. Guess what junior?, life isn't fair.Sometimes things go your way and somtimes they don't and nobody likes a whinner, complainer whatever so you tuck those balls in soldier and get your funky ass in there and do your best!:cool: Take what your given and make the best of it.

Galdang right sonny!!!

Upvote 0