• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Barashka Realism V2

Sichartshofen

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/maps.html

Russians now have their numerical advantage in tanks, but lack effecient infantry anti-tank weaponry.
Germans have their superior anti-tank weapons but are outnumbered in tanks.

Changes:
- South Bank is now heavily fortified in the Germans favor
- Moved German infantry spawn back
- Log bunkers removed from North Bank
- Log bunkers in South Bank replaced with concrete bunkers
- Capzones in North and South bank have been made smaller.
- PTRD class removed
- Saper increased to 3
- All trenches in South bank and Penninsula have been replaced with concrete trenches.

Additions:
- Panzerfaust spawns added in South bank
- Ammo/command bunker added in South bank
- Concrete bunkers added in South bank and Penninsula
- More houses added in North and South bank
- New tank load outs

German tanks:
3 Panthers
3 Panzer IV H

Russian tanks:
12 T34/85's

good good.
I hope you will do a Danzig realism map with plenty of cover for the German side not how it is now with its unrealistic 20 ways to get behind the defenders.

And youre actually promoting solo-tanking for the Russians...

Im pretty sure this was because several people on this forum demanded more Russian tanks.
I hope you realize the biasdness of it all...
How? In what way?
If you were talking about the German fortificatons thats expected they are on the defensive and naturally had good fortifcations no army in the world wouldn't have any.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In what way?
More panzerfausts for the Germans,removing cover on the South Bank...
But thats all I can say from reading this...
A play-test is in order,so disregard all these comments as they are only first impressions from the readme,when I see how it plays on a full server Ill give some actual constructive critiscism.

Upvote 0
More panzerfausts for the Germans,removing cover on the South Bank...
They did invent them and it was the only German weapon which there was always a surplus of even in Berlin.
A play-test is in order,so disregard all these comments as they are only first impressions from the readme,when I see how it plays on a full server Ill give some actual constructive critiscism.
yes.

Upvote 0
Ofcourse it was in surplus,but saying that the Russian team should get like 64 men opossed to the Axis as they had a huge superiority in manpower...
You see,by making one thing realistic and leaving others the way they are you seriously damage balance.

Ofcourse,dont take this as a flame,just a discussion.

Upvote 0
64 players will lag the hell out of the game. As for solo tanking, the russian tanks will all be funneled into the objectives. Noobs will have nowhere to run off to, except into minefields.

Screenies:

South bank defenses
sbd2qm0.jpg

Ammo bunker entrance
acb1rk5.jpg

South bank fortifications
sbf1th5.jpg

Penninusla defenses
pd1ob7.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't played this version, but have you changed that text about Nordland (that the tanks were helped by Scandinavian volunteers from Nordland)? Nordland was changed in a division in '43 and was transferred to Leningrad/Narva. The regiment that helped the tanks was Westland (with Dutch and Flemish volunteers).

Next to that the map looks promising, I hope that this one will replace the normal one.

Upvote 0
Played 3 rounds last night on RTR against a horribly inept Russian team.

To my surprise the German tanks actually pushed into the north bank and captured it. Like always most of the Russians were sitting across from the penninsula shooting at the infantry in the trenches. Until Panthers rolled up and blew them away or Panzerfausts found their way across the frozen river. Too soon to say before I change any of the layout. There's some terrain near 2 trenches that needs to be flattened. There's a small hole in the new bunker entrance that needs to be filled.

Upvote 0