• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

17th of Feb I believe.

On another note...the player movement is comical...trying to get your player to run up stairs is the worst experience since playing Trespasser. It's like replaying the Delta Force series but worse. The movement is so un-natural and shatters the sense of realism this game has...

It's actually a step back from OFP.
Seriously... Where the hell are you getting this information from?

Player running up stairs? What? W? I just don't get you. How can you describe it as un-natural? Take a look at the animation from 3rd person view. Do you want him to just zoom up the stairs or something like in most games? No, in this game the player actually walks up the steps. A soldier walking up steps with his weapon pointed in front of him in the ready position (or whatever that position is called) is considered by you to shatter the sense of realism?

Upvote 0

Player running up stairs? What? W? I just don't get you. How can you describe it as un-natural? Take a look at the animation from 3rd person view. Do you want him to just zoom up the stairs or something like in most games? No, in this game the player actually walks up the steps. A soldier walking up steps with his weapon pointed in front of him in the ready position (or whatever that position is called) is considered by you to shatter the sense of realism?

Whooooosh

Upvote 0

What has 3rd person animation got to do with anything seen in first person view?

Anyway I couldn't give a monkey's bottom if the animation looks good. The entire movement feels off...my akin to the Delta Force series...making it nigh on impossible to traverse in doorways, up ramps or stairs. If I can't even go through a door way without the movement thrusting me sideways at the wrong time then the animation doesn't even matter.

Upvote 0
What has 3rd person animation got to do with anything seen in first person view?

Anyway I couldn't give a monkey's bottom if the animation looks good. The entire movement feels off...my akin to the Delta Force series...making it nigh on impossible to traverse in doorways, up ramps or stairs. If I can't even go through a door way without the movement thrusting me sideways at the wrong time then the animation doesn't even matter.
What the....

You mustn't be playing the right version of the ArmA demo (I'm not even sure if that's possible), or you have some serious bugs on your end. Out of all the matches I've played in ArmA not once have I heard anything about the problems you are describing. Trust me, I can go up stairs, through doors etc. without any problems and so can Silky_Slim from the looks of it. It's a very simple procedure.

Upvote 0
I tried playing the demo, i was on a server and got a kill before all lag broke loose. Couldn't find another server without lag so I quit. I even managed to join a full server lol.

The game does take some time getting use to, I think the key is to slow down your game, your skills and experience in RO arn't going to work for ARMA, you've learned how to fight with speed in RO but now you need to slow down and learn ARMA, let the enemy come to you.

Upvote 0
Wow, i'm actually getting better FPS after turning most of my settings to normal/high and lowering the rez, which i had at 1280x1024 to 1024x768. Looks Great!

Games that have a more realistic tone are far more enjoyable for me. All i do is play like i'm there, assaulting that god damn town. So From RO to this it ain't that bad. Still the best iv'e got on the Coop is 7 enemys left standing and our 8 man team dead.

Upvote 0