• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It's a sad christmas for music

rose.gif

Upvote 0
Great Artist but a lousy piece of trash as human beings go.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1706/

The man has a long history as a spousal abuser.

James Brown was charged with spousal abuse at least three times during their 10-year marriage, but those charges were dropped. Adrienne Brown met Kay Mixon after a beating she received on Halloween night in 1995. Those charges were dropped when Adrienne Brown died January 6, 1996.

In September 1988, Brown carried a shotgun into an insurance seminar, briefly held it hostage, and then led police on a multi-state highway chase, for which Brown was fined $6,000 and sentenced to 6 years in prison. He was paroled after two years.

Months before that incident, Brown was charged with assault and intent to kill after being accused of savagely beating Adrienne Brown with a mop handle and firing a rifle into the car she was driving. Adrienne Brown later dropped those charges.

He may have been able to sing and dance but aside from that he was just another piece of garbage who liked to beat up on women. I will not mourn him and will certainly not praise him.

Upvote 0
yeah, because musketeer is a ****in saint

-James Brown-

You are loved and missed.

'Soul Brother No.1'
'The Godfather of Soul'
'The Hardest Working Man in Showbusiness'
'Often Imitated, Never Duplicated'

the entire Hip-Hop genre, Michael Jackson, Prince, Reverend Al Sharpton and many, many others.. owe everything to James Brown. He single handedly raised the consciousness of black people in the 60's, and lived a life of his own creation.

I would say rest in peace, but I know JB doesnt rest for sh!t... he would tell us to - 'Get up offa that thing, and dance till you feel better!' ...so thats what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna find myself a JB box set and celebrate his life.

Upvote 0